About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

1 Day pa.st IU.I

First day past IUI.  And I honestly feel pretty normal, like nothing is happening in my body.  I don't have this 'aha! I must be pregnant' feeling, but I don't have a 'gut feel' that it didn't work.  It's not often that I feel so neutral on something. So, I take back my word about not researching and started looking up signs and symptoms....most of what I read show that typically the earliest symptoms show around 1 week. I'm at 1 day, a little early I'd say.  What I do still feel is some mild cramping, but that could be left over from just the procedure itself, or the progesterone (Endometrin) suppositories I now need to take 2X a day. That stuff is not pleasant.
I also looked up more details on conception, pregnancy, etc.. because I realized I honestly haven't remembered much about the steps. Kinda forgot what I learned in science class so long ago. Of course I knew sperm meets egg = baby. BUT, there is a lot more to it.
There's ovulation where you grow a follicle, it releases an egg, that egg develops into what's called corpus luteum, then it travels into fallopian tube where it can be fertilized for about 24 hours after ovulation. If fertilized, it remains in fallopian tube for about 3 days, then it(first called a zygote, then a blastocyst) needs to implant in uterus. Then months later a baby.  See what I mean?

So, where I could be in process is somewhere in the fallopian tube still.  I also decided to look more closely at other weblogs to see what other women felt.  Some absolutely nothing....

Will have to wait and see.  I truly have my sights set low, such that if a BFN (Big fat negative) shows up, I'll move on to the next.

2 comments:

  1. It's easy to mistake progesterone symptoms for pregnancy symptoms. Which is so maddening! You so wish there could just be some sign, but most often there really isn't until after that first week is up at least. I had convinced myself mine didn't work just for emotional protection - but still that first failed IUI hit HARD. Still, from there we were able to identify (and solve) the problem. So even if the worst happens and this one doesn't succeed, just remember a) it's really just a numbers game, catching that one good egg, and b) if there is a problem, most have an easy fix (since we eliminated the issue of male factor issues, which is half the battle).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you and wonder if I am downplaying this to avoid the bad feelings that could come with a BFN. It just seems so many women have a BFN the first time, that it would be surprising if I didn't also. I think I'll have a better idea next week, like you say, when early early symptoms could start.
    Thanks for the advice!!

    ReplyDelete