About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Friday, October 28, 2011

I...U...I #2

This morning I started IUI#2 series. 9am today and 9am tomorrow. The physician assistant did this one and wow, did it hurt. It felt a lot like when they did the sonohysterogram, or hysterosonogram never remember which one--where they injected saline in uterus to see if things appear to be in order. They didn't do the full dye exam where they watch the dye to ensure your tubes are open, etc.. Thank goodness because I would bet that one is much worse.  My uterus cramped up pretty bad this morning...but it mostly went away not too long afterwards, so I'm okay.

I have to keep low expectations for this cycle because in my joy of having such a large follicle, I didn't focus on the fact that there is only ONE.  Also, my lining isn't as thick as they would like it to be, AND my sperm sample had just above the threshold for not using it. They will use above 5 million motility, and mine was 5.4. Really surprised because last sample was over 8. The nurse said I should check w/ the bank to see if they will give a refund, as some usually do if it's under 10.  Well, I didn't use those bigger banks, and my bank doesn't have a guarantee.

And they keep asking about my husband. I wish they would quit that.  The physician assistant popped in, smiled, and asked me about my husband because the sperm motility was lower. I said it was not my husband and was a donor. I realize I am unique, but certainly I am not the only one who isn't doing this w/ a husband. For real.

Kinda bummed about the lack of 'great' numbers....but, they physician assistant reminded me it only takes one egg, one sperm. Yes, it does.....and lots of good timing, luck, good egg, good motility, etc...

Another 2ww begins.......

No comments:

Post a Comment