About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Off and Running

YAY! already onto next cycle....it happened pretty quick. Basically if you are not pregnant, you get right back in the game...I had to get the letrozole from the local retail pharmacy and it is a different manufacturer. I have noticed some slight differences in side effects i.e. feel bloated and have had a headache-ish for last few days. I'm just going to HOPE that it reacts the same or better than last month and it grows my follicles. C'mon and grow already.

In reflecting over last month, the thing that has stood out for me is that this can be somewhat of an isolating experience. I realized I hadn't reached out to any of my friends here lately, have been doing things solo most weekends, and live inside my head with all that I am reading and researching on the Internet. I can't seem to get enough.  It goes back to my somewhat obsessiveness when I get onto something that excites me. I do it non-stop.  But, social isolation is not good for me either.  Part of it is I am preoccupied, the other part is I am feeling bloated, not always 100%, and need to go shopping in a big bad way.  I need some clothes that perk me up.....nothing seems to fit right, I am barely getting by with what I have. For casual and work. I rotate three shirts at the corporate office, and wear jeans to the plant w/ 2 shirts. I am not joking.  Shopping has not been fun in the past, I look at it more of a necessity. Even when I was in shape.

Positive note--A great thing about this time of year in the South is the weather. October is A-M-A-Z-ing. I have been outside riding my bike, walking, and just soaking in some sunshine. Let's go Vitamin D! Happy for at least a few more weeks of this....

3 comments:

  1. Wottadoll....I tried to post the following at your blog, and it kept giving an error. Maybe just a glitch....

    I relate and understand so much of what you just said here. From the fact that is WAS hard to watch that documentary. That was probably the thing that made me the most anxious thus far. Mostly because it hit on my biggest fears i.e. the lack of regulation on the industry and so many half siblings could be out there. And, the supposedly 'ideal' family. No such thing. Who's to say our children won't "turn out" better than those w/ traditional?

    Thanks for the post...I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I totally relate to the isolation. I'm in my 2ww and I don't feel like spending time w/people. I'm reading blogs obsessively and also feeling tired (maybe emotionally) so going home to veg after work.

    It's hard work, and invisible. With most people, I don't want to share what I'm doing either. I'm 42, btw, so while I'm trying IUIs, next cycle will be medicated and I'll see where I am fertility-wise.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riki, thanks so much for the post!! I'm really glad that it seems my behavior and feelings are normal. It's just surprising, and I didn't expect to be feeling quite so 'lonely' even though I have friends and a sister that ask often how things are going.
    Good luck in your journey. 2ww is not much fun :(

    ReplyDelete