About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Friday, October 14, 2011

10 Day pa.st IU.I

I've decided based on how I feel that this one is probably a no go.  In fact, I've been exchanging emails w/ the Dr.'s coordinator last few days to ensure I have my medication to start the next cycle. That's a longer, more frustrating story about dealing w/ that coordinator. Won't go into too much boring detail, but let's just she's not very proactive or responsive.

After not getting anywhere w/coordinator for last 2 days, I finally convinced the operator to get ANY nurse on the line.  I really wanted to talk to someone before the weekend hit--in case we needed to order meds for next round today....thankfully the nurse supervisor was available live. She agreed that we should still do my official blood test on Tuesday, but we will also include a baseline ultrasound so I can go right into the next cycle.  She said worst case I can just pick up my meds at the retail pharmacy rather than getting them mailed.  I am sure there is a cost difference, but if I am crunched, I'll do it. She did mention that if it is a BFN then I also will need to see the Dr. again, typically before starting meds for next cycle, so we'll see where that fits in.

I'm thinking if I hadn't pushed, I very well could have missed next round due to timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment