Today has been a rough day. To start, I took my 2 cats to the vet today. They haven't been to the vet since they were adopted 5 years ago. They are inside only cats and have been healthy minus a few hairball episodes. I learned that I am supposed to take them annually for their vaccinations, some things they can get from airborne. Who knew? Well, my fraidy, tabby cat was actually fine and got his vaccinations, but the big fat boy had a complete nuclear meltdown. It was so hard to watch them try to subdue him with a towel and these big gloves...he was wild, loud, and his "fight or flight" kicked in. The Vet came in, tried to just look at him, and my cat jumped out of their hold onto the floor. After that, the Vet basically said time to stop, my cat was not going to calm down and he couldn't examine him...needed to tranquilize with a pill first, then bring him in. Wow. Totally unexpected reaction from my baby...it was so hard to sit and watch, and feel helpless to calm him. Hard on mama! Not only that, when I put them both back in the carrier, they started fighting each other. Seriously 'boxing' w/ their paws and hissing. Oh boy was that stressful. Once I got them home, I let them out of the cage and gave them time to decompress. As I am looking at them now, they are totally sacked out. What a day for them.
THEN, I had the second round of inspections for my potential home. We had 4 different people come over today and check things out. So, I had to drive over there twice today....this took most of today. And the result is......I am NOT going to buy the house. The asbestos tester went up there and said w/ almost 100% certainty it IS asbestos (he is sending to lab and will get results Monday), but the bigger problem is it is all over the attic. Apparently it was covering the old A/C duct work as insulation. When they installed the new duct work, the installer ripped off the asbestos pieces and left it laying all...over...the...attic. The inspector told me this is bad because when the asbestos is disturbed, ripped...it goes airborne. Now, he also does asbestos clean up, but couldn't give a 100% that it would all get taken out. It's impossible to give that guarantee. For those that may not know, this can cause mesothelioma, a cancer, that is AWFUL. My exboyfriend's father had it and died a very painful death.
I am just not willing to sacrifice my peace of mind to buy that house. I walked away. Such a bummer, because I was really seeing myself living there, by the park, etc....and I am mostly bummed about having to continue this process and keep looking for a house. This is also expensive...all of these inspections were around $1,000 and my company will reimburse about $300 of that. Money just gone, but money totally well-spent.
Now I am back in my apartment and pretty mentally exhausted. I knew I was stressed because I stopped and got a do-nut. A really big, amazing, and sugary do-nut. With milk.
In terms of how I am feeling today, pretty much same as yesterday. Still have those 'twinges' on each side, my uterus still doesn't like the progesterone, and has 'mild cramping' with them. I am thinking that if I am going to get 'symptoms', they will come next week about 7 days after the IUI.
No comments:
Post a Comment