I just put in an offer on a house sight unseen. Who does that?! I DO!! The thing is, it is on the same street my old house used to be on so I know the neighborhood well--lived there 6 years....and it is a GREAT deal. That's what's gotten me so excited. The sellers didn't even have it on the market a day when my realtor found out about it this morning, called me, and said if I wanted it I better put in an offer. I did, and she was right. She told me that when she called the realtor, they said that several people were calling about it already. It is in original condition and needs some updating, but the bones of the house are really good. I'm going to go inside of it tomorrow. I have to say, this is a risky thing even for me to do, and I take risks. Seriously though, worse case scenario I decide in the 10 day option period I don't want it, and I am only out 100 bucks. OR, I buy it, fix it up, and sell it for a profit--I don't have to live in it if I don't want to--and stay in my tiny apartment. Sounds crazy when there are so many areas that are depressed, but where I live (this area in particular) has steadily increased and not seen a hit due to financial crisis.
I don't see a downside here. I may have remorse tomorrow, but tonight is grand.
I have felt so different with this medication this month. My ovaries have activity, but it feels different. I don't have a constant "full" feeling--that comes and goes--and they hurt a bit more. I'm worried that cysts may be growing and then they'll have to cancel this cycle. I'll know tomorrow morning at 7:40am when I have my follicular scan. I have also decided that if I do get to move forward w/ an IUI, that in the second week of the 2WW I am going to schedule appt w/ Doctor. I want us to be prepared for what to do next if this doesn't work. Especially because I need to get medication via mail pharmacy, not local--and we know how that didn't work this month. I want to test his thoughts on what next if I have 2 failed IUI's. I don't want to keep trying same thing over and over. I would expect we change protocol, or maybe shortly move to IVF. I am 36, not getting younger, and don't want to spend a lot of time. I'd rather spend more money doing something that has a higher success rate. Even then, no guarantee.
The clinic I went to recommended 3 IUIs and if no success, then trying a cycle of injectables. I had also looked into "micro" IVF or "mini" IVF just because they were so much cheaper than standard IVF (but of course have poorer success rates). But it is good to know there are options.
ReplyDeleteWottadoll, thanks for the info! I was wondering what was usual. For clinic I go to, the nurse today said that typically if 1-3 don't work, you go to injectables. She actually said approx 90% end up going with injectables. Makes you wonder why they don't go there first?
ReplyDelete