I went to the Dr.'s office this morning. I guess because it was Saturday I didn't expect there to be anyone there but me. I don't know why. Totally wrong, as there were many people waiting, even before I got there. I was listening in to the receptionist talk to the patients (I know, I know), and one was there for an IUI, and one was there for bloodwork...not sure about the others. No one was crying, so that was refreshing. I still waited awhile before the Dr. came out to get me. I thought that was strange that he came out....and then he also came in my room quick to turn on the ultrasound. While I was waiting I overheard him call one of the nurses and ask her why she wasn't in. Uh oh. This Dr. is not the one I normally see, but it was fine because they had let me know ahead of time who was on call. Once in the room, I didn't have to wait too long before the Dr. and a nurse came in. He started measuring my insides and:
My lining: 5.5
Rt Ovary: Follicles--a 17mm, 13mm, and several less than 10mm follicles
Lt Ovary: Follicles--a 17mm, and several less than 10mm follicles.
They went so fast I tried to remember everything... maybe not perfect, but close. The good news is that the medication worked!!! However the Dr. said that they like to see at least 2 follicles at 20mm before they ask the patient to do the trigger shot.
SO, I have to go back in 2 days, Monday, for another ultrasound.
Guess they just need to grow some more. I am thankful that the medication helped to grow follicles. Normally you only grow one per cycle, but the Letrozole has "pumped me up". I kinda figured something was happening given the "pressure" kind of feeling I've been having. That has stayed and increased some, but not to the point of being uncomfortable.
The beat goes on......oh yah, I may put an offer in on a house today. It is very charming, good location across from a park, on a corner lot, good price, big to grow into, zoned to best school in area.....downside is it needs work, quite a bit, most of the big yard is on the side and front of the house...backyard really tiny, and it adds another 5-10 minutes on my commute each way. One of my friends suggested I wait to see what happens w/ pregnancy to decide...that is a good point. I probably wouldn't live that far up if I wasn't planning a family. BUT, I do think it could be a good investment either way. I drove by it on my own and I like it more and more. Last night I made a list of renovations I'd want to do. None are major construction, mostly cosmetic. I did this before in my last house here and financially was a great move.
I am not going to lie....I already went to Sherwin Williams today to pick out exterior paint and trim. Got the samples in my purse and going to check them out at our appointment tonight.....and I spent a lot of the afternoon driving around similar homes to see paint combinations. This is where my obsessive behavior comes in. I could spend the rest of today and tomorrow researching and checking out different house colors. I am telling myself to limit that for now....one step at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment