Not my new best friend forever, my BIG FAT FOLLICLE! I wanted to make up a new fertility acronym. My left ovary was a rock star and produced a 22mm follicle by this morning, and some smaller ones. The right one had a bunch of smaller ones. They like to do the trigger shot if you have 1+ follicles over 20mm. I asked the question about waiting for the smaller ones to grow and then do shot, but the nurse said that once you have a big one, if it releases your lining works with it, and you throw your system "off" if more come after.
So, I take the trigger shot in about an hour, then have IUI#2 tomorrow at 9am, and saturday probably around 9am. She did give me some medicine to take tonight to make my lining thicken up...they like to see it past 8. Whatever measurement they are using, and mine is at 6 something.
Oh yah, the other thing I asked the nurse was how do you know if there is an egg in the follicle....? That's what is supposed to happen, doesn't mean it does. In her experience she says 9 out of 10 times there is usually an egg. Realize that is not scientific data, but made me more hopeful considering I only have one follicle this time, instead of two like last time.
I also went over and saw the house tonight...great floor plan, good 'bones', and I could see myself living there. It will need inspections, etc..because there are a lot of internal cracks in walls, etc..assuming from foundation. Not worried. We'll get inspections, ask for reductions...see if deal works out. We are working to sign contract, should be done tonight. My realtor just called and said it's good we got offer in because there was someone planning to make a full price offer tomorrow morning. Wow....my realtor said she's not surprised considering the location, size, and price. So excited. I have to say that the prospect of making money in the long run excites me too. It's what I did w/ my last house too....bought low, fixed up, and sold.
With real estate, though, not a done deal until closing day.
Just to compare notes, I was told by my clinic that often times the "lead" follicle takes over and the others just absorb back into the body (although obviously this isn't always the case). Also I was originally told you needed a lining of at least 8-9 mm to sustain a pregnancy, but this one was barely 6 mm and we went ahead anyway, and I am now halfway through a healthy pregnancy. So there are a lot of exceptions to the rules, I discovered. Best of luck with #2!
ReplyDelete