About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

IUI Day 2--now 2WW

Second insemination complete, now I am in the 2WW (2 week wait) until I can get the blood test to see if it worked.  It is scheduled for 8am October 18th. Today went pretty much like process yesterday--inclusive of the wait time. Sheesh. Actually, my main Dr. was so backed up that the Dr. who saw me this past Saturday did the procedure. Now that it is over I have to say I felt pretty tired today. I think I was running on adrenaline this weekend--w/ mental preparation for IUI plus the house buying. Now that I have nothing else to do but wait again, it has finally caught up to me.
I did ask the nurse if I should feel anything, like symptoms. She said probably not. There are women who feel nothing, are sure it didn't work, and get a positive blood test. I have avoided looking up symptoms online because I would drive myself crazy wondering if I have them....the one thing my nurse did say is your breasts tend to get tender/sensitive. So, of course I've been pushing on them to see if that is the case, and not really.
I honestly don't feel much different. Other than the cramping like yesterday, I don't have this inner voice saying anything, or physically feel anything.
I haven't decided if I am going to try any over the counter pregnancy tests. Maybe if I start to have some kind of symptoms of something, but otherwise I think it could just be disheartening.

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for you! The only symptom I had right from the day of the IUI was a very distinct pulling sensation in the area of my right ovary, which I had in both of my pregnancies and not on the first IUI that didn't work. Although that first IUI I had a LOT of cramping for several days, and the others I did not. You could possibly get a positive HPT on Day 10 if you don't feel like waiting the full two weeks - as long as you take it with the understanding that it's still possible to be a false negative that early and to not get too disappointed. It all sounds very well planned and executed though, so positive thoughts going your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch wottadoll! I appreciate you sharing your experiences too. It's kind of strange to think something so major could be happening in your body....or not. And you really won't know for sure until 2 weeks from now. I am trying to keep myself busy and not do a count down.

    ReplyDelete