About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Update to the Ultrasound Update

I just got a call from my Dr's nurse... my real Dr.'s nurse. I guess plans have changed.  For one, I misunderstood the measurements, and the follicles were actually 18.5mm--apparently they take different measurements, then calculate. What I was hearing were the individual measurements. Who knew???
The nurse told me that they grow 1-2 mm/day so my Dr. didn't agree to wait until Monday just to do another ultrasound. He wants to go straight to trigger shot tomorrow night, then do insemination on Monday and Tuesday!!!!!!!

It is scheduled for Monday at 11:00am and Tuesday at 9:30am.  Monday is the kicker as it will almost be noon before I am finished....and the plant is at least an hour and 15 minutes away....I'll have to figure out how to rearrange everything. They didn't have anything earlier, I certainly checked.

The only bummer thing is the nurse asked me if my husband was coming for the donation and I said no, I have sperm from a bank that's already there.  Kind of kicks you in the gut, I guess. I am not surprised considering most people DO have husbands that are going through this with them. Oh well, not this girl. She also asked me if I had someone to help me do the shot....no on that too. I am going to try it myself. I am not too afraid of needles, so hopefully I can twist and turn to inject in right spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment