About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Monday, October 17, 2011

BF.N

Talked to the Dr.'s office today and the nurse said I didn't need the blood test because I am already on CD 2, I am a BFN. So, tomorrow I am going to get my baseline ultrasound to start my next cycle IUI #2. We are using the same protocol i.e. letrozole (femara brand name) on CD 3-7, trigger shot, then IUI insem 2 times.  Since the medication did what it was supposed to do, i.e. made me produce many follicles, we'll do again.  This clearly isn't an exact science and timing, egg quality, etc.. play a lot into whether this is going to work.  I'm not feeling nervous about trying again, and my BFN was almost a non-event.  I think because I just didn't 'feel' it, I didn't have my hopes up much at all.  Maybe it's strange to be this okay, but if I am still in this place many months from now, my attitude may be different.

The thing that I am thankful for is that the medication did not affect my mood, hallelujah!!  I have felt pretty good throughout....let's keep it up.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry this one didn't work out for you. The one good thing about being at the start of a period is that it means only two weeks until you can try again - fingers crossed for try #2!

    ReplyDelete