I searched online to understand what is happening in my body right now. I found the attached list on NY.U Fer.ti.ilty site. Why I chose this one, who knows....but it was one of the first I found to list out in a succinct way.
I may have morulas developing into blastocysts right now.
3-Day Transfer
Number = How many days after transfer
1--The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
2--The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
3--The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
4--The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
5--The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
6--Implantation continues
7--Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
8--Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
9/10--Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
11--Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy
Physical symptoms....my breast are extremely sore. This started yesterday when I started the vi.vi.velle patches--estradiol. I am still pretty bloated and feel so full. Not helping that I am eating so much w/ the holidays. jeepers. I woke up today w/ quite a bit of anxiety. This is done. It's also not helping that I sent an email to my known donor several days ago and haven't heard back. It is making me wonder if he changed his mind about this being open. And that makes me nervous and upset. I know it's the holidays, and all....but still. It is clear that I have absolutely no control over any of this w/ the donor. I told my sister I was nervous about this and her response was, "didn't you think about that before?". That is not what I needed to hear and of course I thought of it. These are the things my sister says sometimes that make it difficult for me. And unfortunately she has been in a real crap-dog mood since she got here. This is the first time she's been this way in a very long time. She was taking care of me on bed-rest, but whenever I asked for something the first word out of her mouth was 'No'. She would end up doing it, but made it harder than it needed to be. I would ask her to do something and she would say she's in control and would handle it. That wasn't sitting with me very well. She apologized last night for being in such a bad mood...which was fine, but this time was about me. I'm bummed to even type this, but it's one thing I've known for awhile...emotionally I can't depend on her---I'll say at least up until now-I don't want to put finality to it, and at least keep it open. I haven't tried in the past, my mom was always there, and my good friends.
Bed rest sucks. My hips hurt terribly from laying on them for 2 days. My back is very sore. Also, I take for granted just jumping off couch, running around wherever I want to go. When I couldn't it wasn't pleasant. Bed rest sounds grand until you actually have to do it.
Wow, after reading through it hasn't been very rosy, has it! I supposed I need to get used to it. Things will be up and down and I gotta roll w/ it. Assume when I get back to being active and eating better, I'll feel better too.
There's quite a bit of scientific debate about the effectiveness of bed rest in IVF. During my first IVF, I followed my RE's instructions and rested for 24 hours after transfer and minimized my walking around the following days. During my second IVF, I decided to not to follow bed rest and to follow my usual routine. I didn't do anything terribly active like go to the gym, but I needed to follow my routine as I felt it would keep me from obsessing about the 2ww which I did during my first IVF when I had nothing to do but think and wonder if it worked. Plus, I thought it was much healthier to get the blood moving in my body. In the end, you have to follow whatever feels right to you, but don't think that if you took a walk around your home that you would be jeopardizing the success of the IVF. So if you feel comfortable, it might help to move around a little more. It sounds like your hips and back could use a little relief, too!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the comment. You are so right I need to do what feels right. I am going to get out and about today and hope that makes me feel better. Also, thanks for confirming it is 'normal' to obsess about whether it worked? Paying attention to every little twinge....I actually don't feel much of anything right now, much like after the IUI. It makes me nervous that it didn't work, but according to the chart I'm not at implantation yet.
ReplyDeleteThanks again for the advice.
For me the 2ww was really brutal - obsessing, then being convinced it didn't work, then getting depressed, etc etc. I also was on progesterone which I don't think helped my mood. That period was definitely among the most difficult (second only to waiting a whole month after a canceled cycle...ugh)
ReplyDelete