They retrieved 7 eggs today! The nurse felt confident that we would have some to transfer and maybe even to freeze. Yippee. The whole process was pretty smooth. Made it to the office and they took me back without much of a wait, thankfully. My view from the bed.
Anesthesiologist came in....IV went smoothly. Then my Dr. came in and said things look good and we are ready to go. I walked to the back room, hopped up on table....they gave me meds....then out. I woke up back where I started hearing the beeps of this....
Next step is the nurse will call me tomorrow and let me know how many fertilized. They said they wait four hours after retrieval to fertilize. Then they wait and see how many we get, how good they look...and then decide on what day to transfer. I am hopeful it is a 5 day transfer--due to having some really strong ones!
After the procedure I was nervous about making sure they had my vial and it was the right donor. Not sure why the paranoia set in, but I felt like I needed to ask about it. So, the nurse confirmed w/ the lab, and the lab even brought over the vial w/ the numbers to show me. Felt much better.
I also asked about my lining...don't know why I was so concerned about it, but I wanted to know how it looked. The nurse reassured me it was looking great. Didn't give me numbers, but as long as there doesn't seem to be any problems, I am ok.
Now I am just resting on the couch. My ovaries ache a bit and I am thinking of taking a pain pill. I will wait a few hours and see. Dr. said if I have pain, it will be worse today, then each day better.
I could be pregnant this week.
Fantastic! What a great Christmas present a positive HPT would be!
ReplyDelete