About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Results

Well........the nurse told me today I have 6 embryos!!!  She said of 7 eggs retreived, 6 were viable...and they ALL fertilized. I can't believe it!  It was actually a bit emotional when I thought about it when she told me...these could end up being my children. My DNA is in those embryos. So amazing.
Now, I can't get too excited because while they may have fertilized, they may not develop properly and not become strong and/or viable.
The nurse told me that we are on the cusp of doing a 3 day instead of a 5 day transfer. She said they will decide tomorrow and I should call her by the afternoon. I am really hoping it is a 5 day because my sister will be here to take care of me for the 2 days of bedrest.

How I feel physically? I am going to say the Dr. was wrong. I actually feel much worse and hurt more today than I did yesterday.  My lower abdomen still feels extremely full and bloated. Whenever I walk, or my bladder is fuller, it presses on my ovaries and it really almost hurts. It is a pulling/pressure sensation. Now I see why they have you take the antibiotic before and after the retrieval...to hopefully ward off any infections.  Makes sense considering I had my ovaries poked w a needle at least 7 times.

I went to work today and couldn't wait to get home and lay on the couch. I just took two pain pills and hope they kick in soon. I ended up taking them yesterday and didn't think they did much...until today. I followed instructions yesterday and laid around. That's what I am going to do tonight....

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Let's hope you get lots of viable embryos from this one retrieval so you can build the family you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! I hope all 6 make it to Day 5!

    ReplyDelete