About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Stuff and 6d.....p.....t

This has been a craptastic few days, for a variety of reasons....and I have been crying on and off so much my eyes are way puffy.

First, my contractor bailed on me today.  We couldn't come to terms w/ labor costs for my whole house remodel.  We have spent hours working on this and down to the last minute he backs out saying it's due to money. My biggest mistake was not getting 2 or 3 other bids going at same time so I am not left in this position. Live and learn.

Second, I have a crappy head cold with a nasty sore throat. Yuck.

Third, I was w/ my sister in the store yesterday. I had crouched down to look at something on the bottom shelf and totally just fell backwards. Since I was crouched, not far to go, but I landed really hard on my hip, which ties to my back. Hurts. On ice now.

Fourth and most importantly, my cat who is only 5 years old is one test shy of being diagnosed w/ congenital kidney disease. We are in testing phase right now. To try and make a long story short, he had been coughing hairballs months ago.  Then the hairball medicine stopped working (or so I thought) so I decided I should take him to the vet last month.  He was on two rounds of antibiotics but neither knocked it out. Next step was to do a blood panel. I took him this week and the Vet called last night and gave me his blood numbers and they were WAY off the charts for kidney function--this was not even related to the coughing problem, and my Dr. said he was surprised because this is extremely unusual for a cat that is only five years old.
What the heck?! I brought him there for coughing and you tell me he has kidney disease and want to put him on IV, etc..  This was only the 3rd time I have taken my cat there....in fact, prior to that my cats had never been to the vet. Call me a bad mom for it, but they are indoor only and had never ever been sick w/ anything before. Anyway, I just didn't trust the results. I really didn't. Their office is so chaotic, I wondered if they mixed up the lab sample....how could he be so sure, etc...? What about doing other tests to rule things out, etc..?

So, I decided for my heart's health I needed to get a second opinion.  I found a different vet today that treats cats only. I called them up and explained the situation, had the other vet fax over their labs to this vet and went today at 2:30pm.  They do most of their testing in house....and I got the same bad news again.  The blood labs tested the same.  His kidney function is way off. She also did a urinalysis that showed his urine was 'lighter' than it should be. They are sending a second urine sample out that she is calling me about tomorrow. They also did a chest x-ray for the coughing and she thinks that is only allergy related bronchitis.
The only thing left to do to is do a kidney ultrasound next Wednesday to determine if the poor kidney function is related to an infection of some sort or congenital kidney disease i.e he was born w/ it.

Who would have ever guessed a routine visit to vet for a cough would turn out that my cat might have kidney disease. Jeepers.  The vet bill today was 425$ bucks, w/ probably another $150 to go for the ultrasound. I had some idea of the cost because I asked before all of the procedures. But, this is a time when peace of mind over-rode and I just said do it.


So, based on items 1-4 above, I have been a bit of a wreck.  I melted down at the Vet's office when I was picking him up today. I was looking in his little face and just felt sooo sad. Everytime I looked at him in the car or heard him cry on the way home I just kept sobbing. Boy that was tough. It also brought up some really strong emotions I felt throughout my mom's illness......just watching someone you love so much just get more sick despite your efforts. It hurts deeper than anything I can describe on this page. 

I know a lot is going on right now and I have every right to be emotional over what has happened, but I haven't cried like this since grieving about my mom....really unpleasant.

And now that I am home I have only eaten a sandwich today and don't have an appetite. Totally switcharoo from where I was last week.  I am also having some mild cramping that feels monthly, but not sure. I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow to check my progesterone level. Would be nice if they said I could stop the shots since they really do hurt.  Also, the twinging in my uterus stopped. There were two distinct spots that I could feel it. Maybe implantation? Who knows.....

Since I don't want to wallow (except about my cat).....I did get on the ball today as soon as I knew I needed a Plan B or C for my house. I googled a bigger contractor in my area and we will meet tomorrow at 1pm. Don't hold lots of hope because since they are a bigger = usually means more $$$$.  The other thing I have cooking is networking through my realtor. We've known each other for several years and I sent her an email to see if she could help me. She knows people in the 'remodel' business and asked a guy who used to do whole house remodels to give me a ring. He called this afternoon and we are going to meet up next week. He would be a mentor of sorts since he only builds new houses now, but he would hook me to his contractors and I would work out the plans, etc.. I am confident in my abilities, just not confident about the how much time it will take for me to do. 

Gotta keep goin'....that's what I gotta do.  I hope I sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment