About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

I'm cooked

Went to the Dr. this morning and I am done!! My follicles are ripe (and big), about 8-9 of them. He was reading off measurements for them and some were over 20 X 20. He said they will trigger me tonight instead of tomorrow night, and I will have the retrieval on Tuesday, one day earlier. I guess I am still supposed to wait for the nurse to call me tonight to let me know what time to trigger shot. The coolest thing is that if they retrieve on Tues the 20th, the 5 day transfer would be Christmas day the 25th. Happy holidays to me! And, MY Dr. will be there for both of the procedures. Yay.

Since then I've been working on getting a ride on Tues because of the anesthesia. One of my good friends has to work who was going to take me, so I'll just figure it out. These are the times when doing this w/ someone else would be helpful since my last resort would be a cab.

My ovaries do kinda feel like golf balls.  I'm laying here on the couch now and they just feel swollen and are starting to twinge/hurt a bit. When they were doing the ultrasound and pushing on them, it really kinda hurt. Part of me wonders if they could explode or something? Or what if the follicles release eggs on their own and we don't catch them?  The other thing is I have had a very minor headache for a few days now. Hope that goes away soon too.

I went over to my house today and I am getting excited to get that started. It will be a long 3 month or so process, but will be awesome when it's done.

Lots going on!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds really good! I hope your retrieval yields some good eggs for your first child and possibly a sibling (if that's what you want)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed this but everything sounds great. What a great Christmas this will be for you!

    ReplyDelete