About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

And the winner is.....

3 Day Transfer.  My nurse called me today and said the embryologist thought is best to transfer at 3 days versus 5. I was a bit disappointed and asked the nurse if I should be, and of course she said no. I guess I just wanted some super-strong embryos to make it to Day 5, thinking my chances would be better...? I don't know if science supports that, but I'll be finding out. She kept saying I was on the cusp, meaning the number of eggs I had to work with was lower. Not terrible, just not like 10+.  I read about 3 and 5 day transfers on people's blogs, and even those that get more than 10 eggs sometimes only end up w/ a few viable after 5 days. I assume their theory is I could end up w/ zero on Day 5, so Day 3 better option.

Transfer tomorrow morning at 10am. They will look at all the embryos, grade them, and take the best looking 2 and possibly a fair 3. I am really nervous about that, so will see what the Dr. has to say.  I gambled on my sister coming tomorrow and lost that bet. She won't be getting in until 5pm. Good news is that while she won't be here for transfer, she will be here to take care of me on bedrest for 2 days.

Nurse also told me I needed a ride for tomorrow. News to me since there is no anesthesia. So, I called on two of my good friends, one to take me and one to pick me up. So happy they are supportive and in my life...especially during the holidays!

I'm excited, not yet nervous. The only thing I am nervous about is I still feel a lot of pressure and pain-ish in my ovaries. I'm worried they are fluid-filled or something that may impact the transfer tomorrow. So when I talked to the nurse she said that we should worry if I have shortness of breath, can't urinate, have a fever. None of the above, thank goodness.

Wish me luck tomorrow and hope that I have at least 2 embryos to transfer, they are good grades, and implant! Oh, and stick around to make a healthy baby!

1 comment: