About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

House and Injectables

I spent a few hours at my new potential house today.  I met my contractor over there and we went through the remodeling plan I put together. It is basically gut it and start over, keeping the brick shell. It may seem like a ridiculous thing to take on right when I am trying to become a SMC, but for some reason I am excited about it. I have all sorts of ideas about what I want, finishes, where some new walls and openings should go. Normally this stuff stresses me out, but for right now I am having fun w/ it.  Part of the plan is to gut and re-do the kitchen.  In order to get started w/ that I needed to get exact measurements of walls, windows, ceiling height, etc..  So, I measured the whole kitchen (multiple times since my obsessive personality wanted to make sure it was right) and I am confident I have the correct measurements. This is VERY important to make sure of before trying to layout and order new kitchen cabinets, appliances, etc...because once you place the order that's it, it better be right.  After I was done w/ all that I went over to a few stores to look at cabinets, appliances, sinks, moulding, doors, you name it. I will need all of it.
I really like my contractor guy, even though he talks a lot. He did work for me before and he is a bit younger...been doing this 8-10 years rather than like 20. He is a nice guy, does good work, but we will see on the bid...price clearly important. However, part of me thinks that unless it is totally unrealistic, I am going to sign w/ him anyway. 
If all goes well, I will be closing on the house December 16, next Friday. That is moved up a few days from what I was planing, but I'm fine w/ it....seller asked if we could since she is flying in from out of town.

I started my injectables for baby last night. The follistim actually kinda hurt, but the other one was fine. Even though it is 3 injections now, it really isn't that bad.  The one I am worried about is the progesterone in oil that is administered in rear. Needle a lot longer and most have said those will be bothersome. 
Thinking through the medications overall......I am going to knock on wood, but my mood, etc.. has been pretty stable throughout. I am so thankful, since that was my biggest worry about taking all of these meds. I don't know if I am lucky, or what....but it's been a pleasant surprise. 

Saturday Night Fun!


When I was over at the house I envisioned the room next to the master as the baby's room, the crib popped in my mind, along w/ the rocker, then the changing table next to the wall. Exciting.  Less scary these days than it has been over last month or so. Maybe I've pushed through that fear "wall" and can begin to get excited and look forward to it again.

I do feel better today than I have this past week. I think my sleep is getting back on track (which after talking w/ a friend I realized is my biggest derailer). When my sleep gets off, my whole body and mind follow.

Lots to come and look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment