I got up early today and went to the Dr. to get a progesterone blood check. Then I ran a few more errands and came back to my house for an hour or so until my contractor appointment. I started googling about when you can do a home pregnancy test after IVF transfer. The information out there is so varied, I honestly couldn't get a good feel, so I said to heck w/ it, I'll just take a test and see what happens.
And
This
Is
What
Happened.......
Ummmm....what? I didn't have time to process much because I had to go to see contractor, then do some additional errands. But, if I am totally honest in the moment, a part of me was scared for either result, but more scared for the positive. Yikes. All I said out loud was, "Oh wow".
I hesitated even posting this on the blog because as I am sitting here doing more googling--it may be too early to test, could be a false positive. After 11am today I am now in my 8th day pa.st 3 d..ay tra..nsfer. That means it is 13th day since HCG shot. I would think it would be out of my system by now, but don't know for sure.
I am just not celebrating yet. I need a few more positive HPT's, then a positive blood test next Friday, then doubling for Monday to make the claim that it worked.
For those that know me in real life, please do not share this news. It could just as easily turn out to be false, so I would like to be really really cautious. Thanks for supporting me.
Congrats! I had the same reaction! Wow. Speechless. Terrified. Thrilled. Yep, looks like the real thing to me. If this had been an IUI I believe you would be 11dpo which is a great time for a BFP!!! I'm looking forward to your betas doubling!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! Fingers crossed that this is the real thing!
ReplyDeleteThe trigger should definitely be out of your system by now. I tested 6dp5dt (i.e. same as 11dpo or 8dp3dt) and it was positive. (I tested out the hCG trigger and found that it left my system 6 days after my retrieval in both my IVFs).
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you!
And, yes, I tested for 2 days afterwards with the strip test to check to see if the line was still there and if it was darkening. It's normal! But a positive is a positive.
Congratulations!
Thanks so much for the support...I was hoping to hear about when others tested and got a positive, to be sure I wasn't too far off. I also plan to do another HPT this afternoon. I don't think I can help myself.
ReplyDelete