That's exactly what I feel like right now. I have been eating non-stop for the last 4 days. There's been holiday treats and pies, cakes, galore. Heavy holiday food....and more desserts. My stomach is so stretched I can't believe it! I weighed myself the other day and I have gained 4 pounds in last 3 weeks. I'm not even pregnant. It's like my mind's real hunger sensor has shut off, and I want to eat everything in site that's sugary, fatty, and salty. I am feeling so full and bloated that even my 'fat' clothes are getting tight.
I've really got to turn this around.
Not to mention I feel like I have golf balls in my lower stomach...my ovaries have definitely responded to the medication and I can feel 'em. I was at the Dr.s yesterday and I have 6 follicles on left and 3 on right. Not sure why the right one hasn't responded as well as the left, but we'll obviously take what we can. I have to go back tomorrow morning for fasting bloodwork, E2, LH/P4, and an ultrasound. I'll know more then when I will likely have the trigger, and 2 days after that the retrieval, then 5 days hopefully the transfer. As of now, timing would make retrieval on Wednesday.
It was cool today--the woman who was helping me build my kitchen cabinet order was pregnant--we started talking and she is pregnant w/ twins (boy and girl), IVF. She had also done 2 iui's, is 37, and said she wanted to just go for it w/ IVF. Her husband is much older than her...not sure if the fertility issues were his or hers...but she also shared that so many people struggle w/ infertility but just don't talk about it. It's hard to say whether I am infertile w/ only failing 2 iui's. I might feel more strongly if I fail the IVF, but I'm not going to let that in my mind. She told me she also had around 8-9 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 were really strong that they transferred and they have one frozen. I am expecting probably something similar for myself. I hope to at least have one or two to transfer back....
Next week is the big week. I'll be glad to get the pressure out of my ovaries....have some eggs that fertilize....have some 5 days blasts to transfer....get pregnant w/ a healthy baby...oh, and stay pregnant and deliver a healthy baby while mama stays healthy (and doesn't gain a ridiculous amount of weight).
No comments:
Post a Comment