I knew I was feeling something for a reason. I have 5 follicles growing on my left and 3 growing on my right...as of right now. Some are measuring over 10, which all is very good (according to the nurse). My lining is at 7, which is better than what it was when I was doing the IUI last time at the very end....and it still has time to get thicker. YIPPEE-KAY YAY! The Dr. still wants me to keep the same doses for medicine for the lupron (5mg), follistim (150), and menopur (75).
The worst side effect is just feeling so bloated--all over. You know how when your pants don't fit, etc.. and you just feel uncomfortable even sitting? That's me. I know it's going to get a little worse before it hopefully lets up. The nurse did say that she thinks they will trigger me a few days later than expected, so I had to order more medication tonight. I am going to say this again....thank you universe for my insurance. The one medication refill--my portion 16$, insurance portion over $1,000. X2 for the second medication. UNREAL.
The other thing is, if I weren't in the middle of an IVF cycle, I would totally switch Dr.'s office. My appointment was this morning at 7:40am. I got there late (no surprise), but to find the doors still locked. 8:00, then 8:05, then 8:10....what the heck. So I stood there and knocked on the door. Apparently there was some traffic accidents that backed things up so the front desk lady (who I really don't care for) was really late. So, ummm...why don't you have a back up if that happens? You are a professional office. I wouldn't be so irritated w/ the exception this IS NOT the first time this has happened and I've been there when others are stuck knocking on the door in the am too. That time I just stayed in my car.
Really just so unimpressed, it's ridiculous. The other thing---they are getting paid some fat sums of money by patients and insurance companies. Figure out how to run your office, have a genuinely friendly receptionist, get people in and out on time, and bill people correctly. SHEESH.
Done ranting. Well, no I'm not...I can tell you if this IVF doesn't work...I'll take whatever embabies I have and go to another Dr. office. For sure. Interestingly enough, today in my email I got a 'survey' of how the office is doing. Coincidence? Doubt it. I'll give it to em if that's what they want to hear.
I'm off to eating something now. My stress level is up, I can feel it....so I am hungry.
No comments:
Post a Comment