Dr. called on his way home from work tonight to tell me that we did get 2 embryos, but they didn't look good based on the report. He did not recommend transfering at all.
So, thousands down the drain and i'm right back where I started.
Kind of feel like I got kicked in the balls for real this time. It might not have been such a surprise if there was some indication things might to awry. The Dr. still has no explanation and he offered his apologies (sincerely). He views this as a fluke because everything else is fine...my eggs are good, I still have some.....my labs looked good.
Plan:?
What he would recommend is to start over. The change he would make is go straight to a full h.cg trigger this time rather than a lu.pro.n trigger. He would still use the same stimulation drugs.
What I have to decide? Even though I have insurance, the way this Dr. office works is many things aren't submitted to insurance like labs, anesthesia, etc.. a few thousand dollars worth during the cycle. So, do I go to another Dr., completely start over, to save that money, or give this Dr. another try? Oh, and I called insurance and they said that I was approved for a one time deal.....I have to get approved all over again if we do it again. Just can't deal w/ the tape right now.
I'm leaning towards staying w/ the Dr. because I've been going to that office for 5 years (even before baby stuff), I know them, they know me.....by name. The coordinators this time around seem to be competent and do follow up. Not johnny on the spot, but at least same day. they already have my background, we've already done the testing, Dr. knows my case, etc.. There are some things where saving money isn't the best decision.
I asked if we need to take time off and he said no. We would start gain w/ the next cycle, which he thinks will be w/in 10 days or so.
I do know I want to try for another baby.
Need to sleep tonight and get some rest....I am still pretty puffy and swollen from procedure yesterday.
Oh crap. This just sucks. I'm so sorry.
ReplyDelete