So, i'm writing that because things aren't really wonderbar at the moment. Today was a tough day.
First, baby girl had to get her one year shots at Dr. this morning. We went over there, waited out front for longer than usual.....which meant she wanted to get down/crawl/play. I don't know about any of you but the minute I walk in the Dr.'s office I think G-E-R-M-S and I freak out alittle. I finally let her get down and crawl on the floor because she was so squirmy, but then I couldn't stand it, picked her up and took her to the liquid sanitizer....did her hands and feet. Probably looked ridiculous, but I didn't care. We got in the back and Dr. came in for checkup--she is still 90th percentile for height and weight and overall she is doing great, says the Dr.
Then we waited and waited for the nurse to come for the shots. With a one year old who wants to crawl and move constantly, it was hard to keep her occupied. And I was sweating like crazy. I aways seem to be anxious there and since I had to stop all of my treatment for my excessive sweating because we are going forward w/ IVF, mama had to keep wiping her brow.
Once the nurse came we had a lot on the agenda....finger prick for a little vial of blood and 4 injections.
Oh My Word did she scream today. I actually got to the point that I almost cried too because she was shaking/sobbing/all red/and screaming.....and I still had to hold her down, tell her 'I know it hurts, I'm sorry, I know.....'. This was a rough one. When we got done she still cried and it took some to quiet her down.
And she was not feeling well rest of today. She was uber cranky/fussy/whiny.....didn't nap in the afternoon, so was extra tired on top of it, oh and she needed to have a poopy diaper. Nanny leaves at 2, so I had her for 4 1/2 hours until she went to bed. I was not very patient w/ her because she was oh so whiny and also was getting into the cat food for the 5th time and I just had had it. I yelled at her to get that cat food out of her mouth, picked her up and put her in her playpen for "timeout". I was exhausted and so was she. Not a proud parenting moment because I knew she wasn't feeling well.
We did bath, bottle, rocking, then bed. Whew. This was tough.
On top of it, I am having insurance issues regarding IVF. Here's the thing--I have fertility coverage. They covered my two IUI"s and IVF last time no issues what so ever!! However, my financial advisor at the Dr. office warned me that for some reason, insurance companies are cracking down and not approving IVF, even w/ fertility coverage. WTF. here's the thing.....during the precertification process they asked my Dr. 2 things 1) how long was I infertile and 2) how many IUI's have I done. Well, considering I have no husband I am totally infertile i.e. won't get pregnant w/out intervention and Dr. recommended IVF straight up because IUI didn't work last time and I am 2 years older--38.
Well, apparently the insurance company is saying just because I have to use donor sperm, that doesn't make me infertile...and for the IUIs, apparently they like to see c.lom.id instead of le.troz.ole, even though they were from last go round. The financial advisor told me that the first level denied the procedure and she asked them to expedite the review at the board.
I am really worried now. My action is I have to talk to the benefits plan manager tomorrow at work....good thing he is a friend of mine at work and knows I was going to start doing this. I have to see what/if he can help. I have no idea what this would cost out of pocket and frankly didn't even imagine I'd be needing to worry about it. On top of it, this has to happen quick because I have already had hysteroscopy, already on day 2 of injectible (go.na.l F and me.no.pur), and if we stick to the schedule, egg retrieval could as early as Saturday of next week.
As for how I am feeling w/ the medication: this is a new injectible for me this time....I did fo.ll.ist.im last time with m.e.n.opur and I am feeling like it is making me a bit more irritable, my ovaries are already 'feeling' it, and I feel bloated.
So, a little stressed, anxious, crabby, bloated, and irritable.
Hope to have a better day tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment