About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Lupron Livin'

Today was the day....I started taking the steroid/aspirin and had my first shot of Lupron tonight at 7pm. This really "officially" starts my IVF medications. Oh boy oh boy.  I went to the Dr. office today and had my baseline ultrasound. She called and told me it was good, so I could begin.

In order to start off the night right, I dug into these.....my holiday favorite.



The shot itself was just fine. I've had to give myself subcutaneous shots before (in fat parts of belly) and it is no big deal for me.

I finally got all of my medications, and my apartment complex was nice enough to bring the boxes all to my apartment because I couldn't get here by 6pm. Although, some of the medications were here since Saturday when I was out of town--and they were supposed to be refrigerated. I am really hopeful they aren't 'messed up' because they were in the staff office mostly likely NOT refrigerated for 3 days.

Here is a list of the RX and supplements I will take for this cycle (not all at the same time, but throughout)
  • Lupron, Follistim, Menopur--inject in belly
  • Dexamethasone
  • HCG Shot--inject in rear
  • progesterone in oil--inject in rear
  • Doxycycline
  • aspirin
  • vivelle patch--put on skin
  • vicodin
  • Vitamin E, CoQ10, Folic Acid
  • Omega 3
  • Birth Control
  • valium
I am not joking here....16 different things!!  That's why when I first looked at my medication sheet I got a bit nervous.  I got myself back together by just trying to think...one day at a time.

How I feel right now is BLOATED w/ a capital B. OH wow....not sure why, but I feel like I am about to bust out of my pants....my shirt is pulling in my chest area.  It's been like this for a few days. I only expect it to get worse because they have me on a steroid for several weeks. I haven't asked why. Usually I don't let this stuff go, but I've been worried about other stuff.

Something that has gotten me thinking about my blog is--what can I write about that is unique? When I read other blogs, a lot of what I write is very similar. A lot of the same concerns, excitement, fears....I am afraid, nervous, worried about X, Y, Z..We are all just in different stages of the same process.  So, I was thinking of how to spice this up, and make this more interesting than a report out....and I'm going to noodle on it for awhile.
In the meantime, report out it is....
Next step is I have my hysteroscopy on Friday. A good friend is taking me (thank goodness).  Then I am set to go to the office for monitoring a lot up until the retrieval and transfer.  I can hopefully, before then, get my insurance situation nailed down for the anesthesia for the egg retrieval. I mentioned before they will bill for the hystero (so it is covered), and will not bill for egg retrieval.  Both me and my insurance company don't get it, so the insurance specialist at the Dr.'s office is going to try and see if they can't get them to bill for the Egg R.

Honestly one of the most stressful part about this process has been getting the medications lined out w/ delivery and the insurance parts.  Sheesh.

Wish me luck that my body and my mind can tolerate what I will be doing to it over the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment