About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Commitment

My Dr.'s office was proactive yesterday...the new coordinator called me just to introduce herself and give me her phone number/email.  Don't get too excited. I sent off a few questions last night to test her out....what's your bet as to whether she responded back today? Ummm...nope. Will see tomorrow....but I don't have high hopes given my experiences thus far. What I wanted to know from her was--I am trying to coordinate having my sister fly down for the egg retrieval and transfer...was just wondering what CD they typically shoot to do the retrieval? Also, if the dates land on Dec 23-26, does the Dr. still do?

I've had some serious doubt creep up in my mind recently. It has mostly been around my back issue.  It has gotten super painful recently (more than ever before). I was having throbbing pain down my left backside, and on the sides of my hips, and a lot of pain in my back joints--w/ mornings being the worst.  I was having trouble finding a position to even sleep, and getting dressed was not fun. A few days ago I caved and started taking my RX powerful anti-inflammatory. It has helped a lot, thankfully! Now that it is feeling better and the irritations are calming down, it makes me realize how bad it actually was!!
So, I've been thinking I may need to have a more invasive procedure done like steroid injections....the thing is, you can't do this when you are pregnant.  I was really struggling w/ this and whether or not should I put my baby journey on hold in order to deal with this??  I had a good chat w/ a friend of mine last night. Good reminder that I need to focus on the things I can do to help i.e. start working out again and watch the diet. And, I am probably going to be dealing w/ this for a long time, baby or not. I just shouldn't let this derail me right now.

I agree and am going to keep moving.

I did decide to go to my uncle's for Thanksgiving. Paid a hefty price for the flight, but I am figuring if my plans work out, I most likely won't be going next year because I'll have a newborn :) My sister is going too.  It's going to be a really short trip--fly in on Thursday, out on Saturday. Only a week away. 

Work has been quite stressful these last few weeks. I am covering for an open position, my own, and 1/2 of an admin's position because we are having issues w/ her. It's a lot right now and I can kind of feel like I may be getting sick.....NO! I need to rest up and stay healthy. So, my plan is to sign up at my old gym this weekend. By the way when I said I was going to go this past weekend, I didn't. Laid around again almost the whole time.

I need to just follow through. Sometimes I get like this i.e. no motivation, and procrastinate on everything. I'll do it tomorrow....I'm tired....I might be getting sick....I'm tired....Well yah, I'm tired....all I do is lay around after work and on the weekend!!!

This is my commitment that I will sign up at my gym this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment