About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

8 Days pa.st IU.I ......#2 Udates

I did get back on track from my food meltdown. Yesterday I went back to eating the food/5 small meals a day. I felt better on my insides. However, I did absolutely and completely nothing yesterday. I was supposed to take my car in for maintenance at 8 am. I set my alarm, woke up, and just said no, I'm not going. Then I laid back down and slept until 11am. Then, after I got up I got on the internet and surfed for 6 hours. Yes, folks...6 whole hours!! Then showered, watched tv, and surfed until 12am.  WHAT THE HECK..I need to get it together. It's hard to be lenient w/ myself about when I just 'checkout' over the weekend. I am an able-bodied (for the most part) 36 year old, and this is what I did w/ my time?
I dont feel stressed...but sometimes I can be very unmotivated. I always know when I feel like this because I just have to look around my apartment. Dishes in sink for a week (I do at least rinse them off after using). Haven't cleaned/vacuumed. When I am firing on all cylinders pretty much everything is in order.
What i've told myself is that I have a free one day pass for the YMCA that is brand new. I should go and check it out today. Open from 12-6. Maybe that will be a good kick start.

About the house....we are still in option period.  It was supposed to end today, but the seller has asked for an extension. Yesterday my realtor and I submitted a large $$$$ request for repairs, and the seller wants to check w/ her attorney. It has something to w/ the fact of their appraisal since it is an estate sale. Not entirely clear, but I said sure, why not. Now, our option period ends on Wednesday.  We were really surprised that we think they will go for the large sum. If so, we will just reduce price of home by that much more.  I have been researching and starting a spreadsheet for cost of remodel. It's going to be a huge project. At first I got overwhelmed, but when I broke it down, it became more manageable. Also, I got confirmation from a contractor that did some work in my old home that he has more experience than I thought, and I can maybe use him as my general contractor to coordinate my new home remodel. He does great work and is so reasonable priced. Well, at least he was back then.

Pretty sure this cycle a bust.  After thinking more and more about what to do next, I am leaning towards going w/ IVF. For some reason, I just feel like doing injectables may not work either. No evidence to support that, but I don't want to spend too much time trying. Part of my rationale is, if I have to do close monitoring for injectables, and for IVF, I'd rather be spending the time away from work doing something that has more % of success, even if more expensive. The other thing is, since this will take more time during the cycle, I'd like to be doing this during the holidays with the built in days off. Not because I can't take the time, but it gives me stress/anxiety anytime I have to say I'm going to be late,  1/2 day appointment here, there. I don't want them starting to wonder what the heck is going on...I've been able to manage this pretty well so far.
I'm not sure what the Dr. will think...I do expect he'll recommend injectables....but I might push back. The thing I need to understand from him is what that process looks like if we go w/ IVF. From other blogs it seems that people do a month of birth control, then start???  This may be individualized, and not applicable to others, but I just need more data from Dr..  The other thing I was thinking about my Dr. is that I DONT think I did cycle day 3 labs.  These are the ones that test for ovarian reserve, etc.. I need to ask him about this, and why we didn't do and if I should.

I've started to wonder about whether I should stay w/ my Dr. It's not because of him per se, but it's really due to the nurses and staff. I've never been really impressed w/ them (starting going to the Dr. years ago for PCOS). The receptionist up front is almost rude....when I've mentioned a few times they had the billing wrong, she got all flustered and didn't accept what I was telling her. I told her I knew it was wrong based on what I paid last time, and she finally just said she'll add it to next time. Sure enough when I came in next, it was not the amount she had told me.  This has happened a few times and she always looks at me like I don't know what I'm talking about.  I keep my own spreadsheet so I know exactly what I am talking about.  The other thing is, the coordinator I have for my cycles is really terrible about getting back to me. First not in a timely mannor, second  w/ not answering directly the question I asked. She'll respond, but it's with either another question, or respond w/ something that's irrelevant. She basically isn't taking the time actually think about/and be proactive about what I am asking.  Not impressed at all w/ these folks.

There is no right answer, but I think I will let the Dr. know when I speak to him on Monday about my experiences, and that it really has got me thinking about going to another clinic.  He can do what he wants w/ the feedback, but it has started to really bug me, because I don't look forward to interacting w/ them. Last night I did some surfing (yes in my 6 hours of it), and found some Dr. reviews about him and his staff. I read a lot of them that say some of the very same things I am having problems with.  The mis-billing, the staff being rude, not following up timely, really long wait times, etc..  What really got me thinking was one of the reviews mentioned this other IVF clinic and how great her experience was. It bummed me out because my experience is not that great. It's funny how I just have 'gone w/ it' because I assume that's just how it is.

I realize grass isn't always greener and each office has its own problems.  Just something to noodle on while we decide what do w/ this next cycle.

That's it for now....I've written a book here....need to get off this couch and clean my apartment and/or go to the new gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment