Big Fat Negative. Part of me is glad to know that I'm tuned into my body's signals and wasn't just jumping the gun after Day 2 when I felt like it didn't work. I could be surprised in the future and still not have any symptoms, signals, etc.. but I'm guessing I'll just know. Call me crazy.
GOOD NEWS! I am getting a new coordinator at my Dr. office!! Friday I was fed up when another email went unanswered, so I called the nurse manager. I left her a message saying I had some concerns and wanted to talk to her. Ironically, in the meantime the insurance girl called to explain the cost of IVF and said that I will have a new coordinator because I am doing IVF. Problem solved. When the nurse Manager called back again I still gave her the feedback of why I was calling i.e. getting timely answers, getting info that answers my questions, etc...She was very supportive and told me if I have problems in the future to let her know asap and gave me her cell number. Really, can't I just have her. I seriously hope that the new coordinator is better....I'll give her a chance.
For the next IVF cycle, even though I have insurance it will still be in the thousands. Mostly because a lot of the bloodwork, monitoring, anesthesia, etc.. is done in their office by a 'special' lab that doesn't bill to insurance. It didn't make sense at first because they have a lab that my insurance covers right there too--but that lab can take a few days to get results. They use the 'special' in house lab because they need results faster--to be able to adjust meds quicker, and to avoid OHSS Ovarian Hyperstimulation syndrome...very bad.
I'll repeat what I've said before--I am very thankful I have insurance--BUT, it's hard not to feel like they put in charges here and there just to make more money. For example, I am having a hysteroscopy w/ the same 'special' anesthesiologist and it WILL cover under insurance....because it's billed as surgery, not fertility. So, I will have to pay 600 bucks for one, and 0 for another. Also, I will be paying $150 for the nurse to sit me down and walk me through the cycle/instructions, $30 extra for any weekend/holiday visits, $50 to 'thaw' each sample, $500 to store any embryos from 1 day to 1 year that we need to freeze, and $500 every year after.
It is still a business, after all.
Something I learned that confused me while reading other blogs...what does FET mean? It means frozen embryo transfer. I thought they were all frozen, but that isn't true--there is fresh and frozen. The way it works is I will grow a lot of eggs, retrieve them, fertilize them, and the 2 best after 3 or 5 days they will transfer back in....that is called a fresh transfer. However, if I have embryos left over, they will need to freeze them. And if the first fresh transfer doesn't work, they thaw the next ones and transfer them...that's when it is called FET frozen embryo transfer. Ideally I will get pregnant from the fresh transfer and have frozen ones for the future. That would be good because if I'm lucky enough to have a successful pregnancy, healthy child...I can keep the others frozen as long as I need for future siblings, and they will be made w/ 36 year old eggs.
In other news....the house deal is a go, all contracts signed, with closing date December 21. Once I close on the house, the remodel can begin. It is pretty much a gut job, so I need to hire a general contractor to manage the project. I have one in mind and think he'll be great.
Need to get off this couch.
No comments:
Post a Comment