About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Thursday, March 28, 2019

T minus one

As it turns out, I can’t really be upset with my sister. This past Monday she was feeling pretty crummy and slept most of the day. Then on Tuesday morning she went to go pick up her cat at the vet where she passed out and they called an ambulance. The ambulance took her to the hospital where she was admitted and was there until today. She ended up having pancreatitis which also affected her one good kidney. The dr doesn’t know why. Also, she didn’t take her phone with her to the vet, hence did not have it for days. She couldn’t call long distance from her room.
How I found all this out is I got a call late Tuesday night from the hospital (which I didn’t even see until Wednesday morning because I had been getting telemarketing calls all day so didn’t even look). When I got the voicemail I also saw a text from her friend that my sister had called her late Tuesday night also and she was at the hospital.when I finally spoke to her she was on some meds that it was hard to fully understand her.
Crazy. And super stressful. Thank goodness she had her friend help at her house and go get her cat/feed the cats, and finally bring her phone so we could communicate faster.
She ended up calling my dad to take her home today. Which is another story because he was asking her why I don’t call or stay connected. Umm gee...because we don’t really have much of a relationship and I’m not that interested in talking often.

Needless to say when I found out she was in the hospital I obviously needed to go to plan B for coordinating what I was going to do for the transfer. I ended up spilling it all to nanny and basically saying I’m desperate and need help. When I told her I was going in to do a transfer it was really sweet she started crying (happy tears) and said she was so excited. She got a little too excited and was like, you need bunk beds, we need bigger cars! I said woah , slow down, hold up. One step at a time. I tried to explain that it may not work, there are several hurdles, etc. I think unless you go through the process yourself it’s not something you really ‘get’ fully about being so cautiously optimistic.

So, basically she is going to come here and stay through Sunday 1pm and I’m going to a hotel after the transfer tomorrow. I really just wanted to disconnect and try to relax/be calm as much as possible. I did this for my son’s transfer but that was more out of necessity because we didn’t live here when I did that one. However, I just remember liking the peacefulness and no responsibility except positive energy to the process. The only thing I’m a bit worried is that her 16 year old daughter is going to watch the kids from 6-10 on Friday when nanny does her other job. Her daughter has never babysat before believe it or not. I’m sure it will be fine but I know all the trouble her mom has had with her over the last year and it’s been some crazy. I’ll just have to trust that since it’s only a few hours it will be ok.

I’m excited, still a bit homonal. I had my monitoring appointment today and lining still close to 13, estrogen was good, prog a bit low at 20 so I get to put more of that on the list.
I’m going to get my bag and some food ready in the morning and head over there for the transfer, then scoot in over to hotel.
That’s the plan.
Fingers crossed.
I’m not quite sure how the thawing will go, but at this point, they will be thawed tomorrow and we’ll see what we have to work with. I’m feeling pretty good right now, thankfully, mostly since it’s all been in preparation for tomorrow. It’s here and I’m ready.  All the meds, shots, planning, monitoring. Its a commitment, but no regrets.

My poor son, tonight. After shower when we were talking about this weekend and he realized I wasn’t going to be here on Saturday (our special day) and for soccer he burst into tears and  crawled in my lap. I hugged/rocked/kissed him and asked if he was feeling sad and he shook his little head yes. Poor kid. I did my best to distract him with what he wanted for snack and his sister was making funny faces to get him to laugh—she also brought him his stuffy Cutie and even gave him her own stuffy Bear. It was so sweet. And Of course I don’t want to see my children be so upset, but it allowed me to see how deeply he cares for his mama. It touched my heart.

I hope I can get at least some sleep tonight.

1 comment: