Things had been moving along with the transfer medication pretty well when it was the lup and just Estr.ace but now that the E is 3x a day and I have an estrogen patch it has made me feel pretty uncomfortable. I feel like my abdomen has expanded like there is air in there. It’s just this overly full feeling that I just can’t shake. I’m also having a lot of hot flushes and headache. I think the gastrointestinal upset is by far the hardest to manage.
On Thursday night I emailed the coordinator and ccd the coordinator dr. to say I was pretty uncomfortable and this may be normal (certainly don’t remember it this way) but described my symptoms and do we perhaps need a check in prior to my monitoring appointment already scheduled for Monday and could they call me soonest.
I wanted to see how long it took them to reach out to me. Tick tock. Wasn’t until friday at 430 did they leave a message and say hmmm, odd, maybe viral since medicine shouldn’t be causing those symptoms. Basically hang in there see you Monday.
I was disappointed to say the least. One, the follow up time was pretty slow and two, I read the side effects of the patch that night and my symptoms couldbe due to those: headache, nausea, bloating, etc. So, ummm, why wouldn’t they know this?
I can say I am pretty underwhelmed with his staff this go round. From getting the hscope scheduled in the time frame it was supposed to be (he had to intervene to get it in the preferred window). Then the confusion on when to start medication and monitoring (dr said start right with Lup start) to the ‘format emails’ that tell me to keep taking my prenatals ( which no one had asked me to start) and start the cleanse (which the instructions specifically say not to do while taking injections for ivf). Honestly it’s a good thing I’m smart enough to thoroughly read through and ask questions because if I blindly followed their lead I’m not sure I’d be on track.
I think it could be a few things but honestly I’m not sure they are thinking. It feels like they are processing. I think I was lucky before because there was a staff member named Mira and she knew me, so it felt a bit more personal. That, and she was so on top of everything for her ‘stuff’ and kind of kept an eye on things. I saw her at the office not long ago I think she had been on an absence/leave for a long while...but haven’t seen her since.
In general there have been bumps with all of my processes, but it just feels frustrating to say the least.
Also, more hormones equals a much shorter threshold for frustration.
Two more weeks of this I think. Will see what they say on Monday. I’m trying to figure out my plan for transfer since they said you need to take it easy for 3 days—I only have that info because I proactively asked them what I need to plan for. Three days easy with a 4 and 6 year old doesn’t happen. Old nanny just told me her daughter has prom that weekend. I’ve been tying to ask my sister to come down and hadn’t heard from her—again. Just talked to her today and she was sobbing because last night to this morning her basement flooded from the pump not able to keep up with melting snow. And she had a lot of stuff down there. She only has one real friend there so at least her and her boys were going to my sisters to help. I tried calling back twice today and no answer. I feel bad for her. I told her not to listen to the earlier voicemail where I got frustrated she wasn’t calling me back. Oops.
Spring break has honestly been pretty good other than not feeling that great. We’ve been busy with biking, parks, driveway frisbee and basketball, watching a ton of basketball, cooking good meals (mama made pork chops tonight), doing lots of laundry and dishes, going to a few grocery stores, getting my daughter a lamp—she’s been asking to have one for a long time....what else? What I do know is that I feel physically tired and accomplished at end of these days. I don’t miss work.
No comments:
Post a Comment