About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Bump

It just wouldn’t be a fertility process without some bumps now would it? I mentioned since last Thursday I had not been feeling well....just really extra bloated, headache, abdominal fullness/pressure bordering pain. I sent the email to coordinator and she said just see how it all is on Monday, yesterday. So, I headed into my monitoring appointment to do bloodwork, ultrasound, and they said to see the Dr also to discuss.
Great news my lining was 12mm already. Nurse said they like to see it 12-18 close to transfer so woo-hoo. I said in the appointment ,’wow, that sounds good....?’ and she wouldn’t acknowledge or confirm. Maybe they aren’t supposed to? But a ‘hey looking on track’ or something would have been nice. Validation, yes that’s what I was looking for. It was weird. But this nurse is also the coordinator that hasn’t been on top of things, so perhaps I shouldn’t expect warmth and encouragement.
Due to my labs looking good I got to stop the lup last night-yeah! And have my next folllowup on Friday. I asked to move it from Saturday to Friday since the kids start the next soccer season and I couldn’t be at two places at once.
After the labs, then ultrasound, I waited to see the dr. Took him about an hour which is usual in their offices, and described the abdominal discomfort that was mostly in upper abdomen that was still there since Thursday. Also showed him where and told him about when it started. He basically said it was very odd and just wasn’t sure. So, rather than just hope it was nothing he suggested I see a GI doc to have a look. He gave me a recommendation but I actually have a practice I’m established at so was able to make an appointment with the physicians assistant this am.

Today was a busy day of running around—I went to GI appt at 10:30 am and I really liked the PA. She had to have been in her 70’s, was so warm and seemed genuinely interested in the fertility process I was going through and thinking through my symptoms. Ultimately she wasn’t sure either so actually had the physician come in. He poked around and in one spot above my belly button oooh that hurt. He decided it was best to get some lab work and a ct scan of abdomen. The pain/discomfort could be due to a variety of things but when he mentioned maybe blood clot I probably lost some color to my face. I told him I actually had one at start of my pregnancy back in 2012 but it was in my leg. After that conversation he decided I would get the scan today.
That appointment was then scheduled for 330 today and by now it was around noon—couldn’t eat or drink anyway so i quickly got the blood labs drawn, then I ran over to construction house because designer and electrician were supposed to meet at one pm  to go over everything. I figured it was best for me to just go in case I needed to decide anything else and also just see how things going. Im glad I did because we decided on where/how a few fixtures needed to be hung and there were a few hiccups with counter fabricator, designer, and Jacob not on same page.  A few F bombs later they had it sorted. A bit stressful.
Then....ran all the way back out here to the scan— of which they needed to do with contrast so I had to drink a jug of ‘lemonade’ after not eating it drinking since early morning and get an IV.
The whole thing start to finish was about an hour and a half. By the end of all that I was tired, light headed, feeling yucky, bloated, uncomfortable, and still in some abdominal pain-ish. All my brain could think to do was eat Mexican. Go figure. So I did.
And of course I  felt worse, ugh.


After all that.....the good news is that the PA called a bit after five to say my blood labs looked good and the scan overall was good, however it did show an umbilical hernia. She’s not sure about next steps as she wants to review with Dr.  She’s  also going to check with him about whether the test would rule out any clot issue (I would think so?) and will let me know tomorrow.
I still don’t know if what I’m feeling is due to a hernia or if they just happened to find it due to the scan. In any case it’s weird and worrisome and not at all like any symptoms I’ve had before during the transfer process or otherwise, actually. Guess I’ll know a bit more tomorrow.
Today’s events happened pretty fast so thankfully I didn’t have to stew and worry even a day before getting some initial results. However, because I’m still not feeling great and I’m not sure what they will come up with, I’ll have to just breathe, relax, and be patient. I’ll for sure need to connect with my transfer dr and update on the testing as well.

Never a dull moment these days.
I can only keep thinking  positively for what’s next.

No comments:

Post a Comment