About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

And so it begins....

I can't believe I'm on Day 3 of IVF medication and haven't written about it yet!  Actually, with all the stuff I have going on, I have to be sure I remember to take it every night. I have my first monitoring appointment tomorrow morning.

I'm super anxious about a lot right now. Finding new care for baby girl in my new city is first and foremost. It is proving more difficult than I thought. Also, finding the right location to live is proving more difficult as well.

This past weekend we drove the 5 hours to go house hunting. My friends suggested I really needed to get over there and start looking. True. So, we loaded up after work last Friday and drove.....baby did pretty well since we did her normal routine, except instead of bed, I put her in the car. She only woke up completely once and I gave her a bottle, she went back to sleep. We got there about midnight. However, when we got there she was hyped up because there was a dog and a new place....so she took over an hour to go to sleep, then woke up at 2, 4, 6.......just like when she was a bitty one.  Mama exhausted.
Then I spent all day saturday looking at areas while my friend kept the baby. We stayed over another night and I drove through several areas again, and headed back Sunday night same thing--left when she would have normally gone to bed.

My dilemma is.....the area I really like doesn't have the greatest preschools and schools.  The areas that have that are much much  more expensive.  I've called a ton of centers to see if I can't get her in and all the recommended ones have no space (I can understand if they good).  If I live in the expensive areas, then I can't really afford a nanny, so center care it is. Since having a nanny, I am very nervous about the switch, the extra time, packing lunch, etc.....I have also found a lot of places don't take them until they are 2. argh!

All of this is weighing heavy on my mind. I have spent countless hours researching housing and possible places for her over the last few weeks.  I know it will all come together, but when I get overwhelmed, I just want to run the other direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment