About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Follicles....s......

This is short. I just want to note that I had my monitoring appointment this morning and the nurse found 11 follicles on my right ovary and still 5 on the left w/ some little ones.  That's 16 growing!! YippeKAyYay!  I know that follicles do not equal eggs...BUT, these are good numbers. Mostly because they are all growing similar in size....their isn't a dominant one, which is how things are supposed to be going. Whew for now.

It's crazy how you can 'feel' your ovaries when there are that many follicles growing. When my bladder gets full it feels like my ovaries are 'floating', but still have weight. I am super bloated all the way around too. I'll be ready to get this show on the road. If the schedule stays on track, I should have egg retrieval on Friday of this week. That will be great because I'll have care all day for baby.

I talked again to my ivf coordinator this morning and told her I really want to do a fresh transfer. I am here, got the insurance, and just want to make it happen.  She told me that he looks at estrogen level the day of the retrieval....if it is over 5,000 then he basically says will do frozen. But, if less than that we can maybe do fresh. He normally does 3 day.
It might seem crazy to do this while I am in the midst of so much change.......but my mind is feeling like I'd rather keep going w/ this process if I can.

My daughter is starting to become a toddler. Her walking has improved dramatically.....she is still unbalanced at times....but mostly she can catch herself and stop from falling. When she first started walking it was so cute.....she'd scrunch up her arms armpit height. Then if she started to get unbalanced, she'd 'punch' out her arms until she steadied herself.  Hard to describe, but oh so cute.
I'm just having to learn how to deal w/ the crying/flopping down/whining, etc.. It may be that she is in a growth spurt. She sits on my lap before bed (the only time of day she sits more than 5 minutes) and we rock while she drinks her bottle and we watch 'our show'....wheel of fo.rtu.ne. I just noticed tonight her legs are reaching the end of my knees when we are sitting. Oh, my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment