Two totally random things, but both occurred this week.
First, comprehension....my baby is starting to anticipate. It is the neatest thing to watch. I first noticed it when we do 'jammy' time. Every night after the bath we go into her room and I say it's jam-jam time. Once I put her on the changing table (and after she screams like she does every night because she doesn't like getting dried off), I get out jammies and ask her if she likes them. She usually smiles so I say ok, cool. The way we put on jammies is the same every night so here's what she started doing.....
I put feet in first so as soon as I get the bottoms ready, she lifts her feet up. Then pull those up and get the shirt....I put over her head and she then lifts her arm for the right arm first, then lifts for left arm. Then, she wears a sleepy sack. So when I have it close to her, she puts her feet up again, then puts her right arm out through the slot, then I normally pull her up, but she pushes herself up now at the right time to get it from underneath her. I lay her back down and she puts her left arm in.
Really boring to read, but we just went through this process and she knows exactly which arm, when to do legs, when to push up, etc....it really is interesting to watch her.
We also started the "I'm gonna get you" game. She anticipates me coming and tickling her....she starts giggling as soon as I say it. Then I crawl around and lunge and tickle and she laughs so hard. I love that game. Sometimes I blow on her belly and she loves that too.
It's just fun.
The other thing she recently started doing is following multiple commands. For example, I wanted her to pick up her shoes and bring them to me. So, I said go get shoe, shoe. She walked over picked it up, then I said to bring to mama and she did. I tried it with some other things and it worked. She's picked up socks, shoes, clothes, etc.....this could get helpful!
Not related to above--she is a really tall baby. She is 14 months....close to 15 months and most people guess her to be 2 years old. She is not. She has a ton of teeth now...I counted 12--4 top, 4 bottom and molar on all four sides. I know they are only baby teeth, but they have grown in quite straight. Donor and I both have good teeth, so I am not surprised. She is going to get her shots soon too. Hey boy.. Last time was rough.
So, the plate of beans.....what that is about--we had a company family event this past weekend and I took baby. There was a couple there that we know and have been to their house before.
As soon as lunch was ready, I was looking around to see where to sit, etc. and the guy came up and said hey, I'll make a plate for you. I said sure, that would be great. The reason it made me think so hard is I can't remember the last time I was with baby girl out, and someone took care of us like that. It made me think, wow, this may be what it's like to have 4 hands in a family. I take care of one thing, you manage the other, etc..It was so simple, but for some reason it hit me about how hard it can be to do all this myself. And what a relief it is to have some help sometimes.
Not sure what I do with that knowledge, but I was so appreciate of the kind gesture....it was just a plate of beans, but for some reason it just made me feel good.
I'll have you know that I did some more research on my fears I wrote in last post....I didn't have to internet too far and a bunch of articles/storeis came up...So, I'm not crazy.
--One of the biggest worries for IVF patients is the possibility that the staff could have screwed up and mixed their eggs and sperm with someone else's.--
I feel somewhat validated.
No comments:
Post a Comment