About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Looks

As you all know, I get mentally obsessed with things and I just continue to spin them around in my mind. 

The current one is what my baby looks like. 

Okay, so when she was born she looked so much like my side of the family, was not hard to mistake. Maybe because we are big people--and she had a double chin when she was born.  But slowly over time she has started to look more and more like her donor.  And now, she is the spitting image of her donor father.  Her eyes, her dark hair (mine was white when I was born), her nose.  I brought out the pictures I have of him when he was little and it's her. And it bothers me somewhat.  I honestly assumed if I had a girl she would look just like me. And she now looks nothing like me.
I'm struggle to pinpoint why this spins around in my mind. I really don't know....I was thinking maybe because she looks like the side of family I don't know much about, haven't grown up around...it's the element of the unknown?

1 comment:

  1. I think there's nothing wrong with wanting your baby to be cute, and to resemble you. Every time I'm around other mothers of babies we spend most of the time talking about who the baby looks like and how cute they are, and the mothers all express disappointment if their babies don't look like them. I specifically chose a donor with my same recessive traits so mine wouldn't get buried. It's all normal!

    ReplyDelete