About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Santa and Sweat

Santa and Sweat. These are two things that really don't belong together. However, that's what you get when you have Christmas in the south.  It is almost 80 degrees and humid today, but I was determined to go over to the park (only 2 blocks from my house) because they were having a Santa in the Park celebration.  I wanted baby girl to at least experience the people, kids, and fun.  She fell asleep in the stroller on the way over there so I had to wake her up to get a picture w/ Santa.  I wish I had a scanner because I would post it on here---it turned out super cute.  Also, I ran into my realtor friend at the park and she hadn't seen baby yet. She looked at her and said 'Oh my, she's chunky'.  That's the first person to say that, so I was kind of proud. She's been so little and lean since she was born.

We went to the Dr. yesterday for her four month well baby check up and shots.  She got weighed and measured....she is in the 95th percentile for length (go tall baby!), and 75th percentile for weight and head. She weighs almost 13 lbs and is 25+ inches long.  I knew she was growing longer because she's stretched out of her 3 months and is reaching end of toe space for her 6 months.
Dr. was in and out in a few minutes.  Then the nurse came back in for her immunizations. And wow.....baby girl was pretty upset....she did the red-faced cry. She was about to fall asleep and I had to put her back on the table....he gave her the shots one in each leg.....and she wailed.....screamed....a painful scream, not her usual cry. It really was hard to see...but I kept explaining to her that we are trying to keep her healthy and that I knew it hurt. I realize she doesn't understand, but I wanted to at least pretend like I was helping.

Back to Santa in the park.....I seriously have a sweating problem. Remember when I was talking about the airport experience and how I couldn't stop sweating? It happened again.  We walked over to the park and I had to have a burpee cloth to wipe my face off. I could feel sweat rolling down my back and legs.  Then when we were there I felt like a faucet. The back of my neck was wet and my hair was sticking to it.  I held baby and she was slippery because my arms were sweaty.  I honestly felt like I had run 5 miles.  We were there long enough to get her picture and I asked a man to take our picture on my camera....then we split.  by the time I got home I had to throw off my pants, shirt, and put a whole new outfit on.  And to cool down I turned on the ceiling fan, sat down, and just sat there.
Now I have a headache.

Ugh.

It was worth it to get the Santa picture and thankfully she's young enough to not care where we are really. If she were say 2+, you can bet we'd be there for much longer so she could do the bouncy house and play in the snow they had blown in.

My friend stopped by afterwards and took this picture. It is by far one of my favorite snapshots of her.




Also, here is one from the other day. I coworker had sent us a super cute stuffed cow. I was playing with it w/ her and she loved it.  LOVE that smile! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment