About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

G

G could stand for Good.....or Gifted.....or Giraffe....but no, G stands for my new bra size. What the Heck!!!  Yes, my friends. My sister was here this weekend and we did a ton of shopping--including going to a specialty store to get properly fitted (hadn't done this in about a year). With a size G you'd think I already had a bun in the oven, gained a ton of weight, or something....but NO! They just keep growing. Even when I lose weight, they don't get smaller. I think I am totally in for it. I realize that some woman would be thrilled w/ these 'developments'. But, not me. It just makes me wonder when I move forward w/ baby, and they grow for a real reason, what in the world will I be looking down on then?? Can't think about that now.

Totally unrelated, but follows w/ the G theme--Goal setting.  I wanted to share some advice I picked up along the way.  I can't remember if I read it in a magazine or someone told it to me, but it's really been useful thus far.  A lot of times when we want something we say, "I hope I can make it on time" or "I'd like to lose 5 lbs".  That is pretty non-committal and really gives a person wiggle room to say, "Oh well, didn't make it".

Now.......

Think of it in terms of "I expect that I will get to the gym", " I expect to lose 5 lbs".  For some reason it has a totally different connotation for me (maybe others).  In an earlier blog I started to write that I hope to have a baby, but then changed it to when I expect to have one. Kinda even feels better saying it, doesn't it?

Just my thoughts of today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment