About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Boston and Dr. Appointment

I met up with my friends in Boston this weekend and had a really good time. We watched a lot of U.S. Open tennis, ate some great food, and drove around different parts of the city.

Boston Skyline from Car

We also spent some time shopping for furniture for their new place. We went to this furniture store called Jordan's that is apparently a "big deal" store that's been there for a long time. Was a bust w/ finding anything, but at least we tried.

Miss being able to see them just a few streets away rather than a plane ride away, but we just make it work.  We talked a lot about my upcoming process, some fears I have about doing this by myself, my lack of family support, and it was good to get all of that off my chest. Also good to have friends who know me well say that I can do this. I knew that, but to hear it out loud really helps. Clearly if I had it my way I would move my 'inner circle' friends all here to be with me through it all...can dream, can't I?

Doctor today:
I would say I am officially started with IUI #1 process.  I went in for baseline ultrasound and the nurse said everything looked good w/ my lining and ovaries. She did say that even though I have been diagnosed w/ PCOS my ovaries look quite normal in size (great news). Any little bit helps.
Then the "medication class"....all that consisted of is one of the admins giving me a spreadsheet of the cycle schedule--which I had already mapped out myself. Also, they gave me an instruction page for the Novarel i.e. how to inject, etc.. It says best if you have someone else give you the shots. Clearly no one except me and my cats here so I will bend and twist whatever way I have to to give me a shot in my rear!

Costs....that class I mentioned above is $25. Yes, 25 bucks to hand me some papers. Then, I found out that even though ultrasounds are covered by my insurance, anytime I have one (even if I don't see the doctor) I have to pay a co-pay of $40. I realize this is way less than others who don't have insurance and are doing on their own, but I guess I just didn't realize.  I am keeping a spreadsheet of my costs so far, including looking at profiles on sperm banks, doctor visits, vitamins (which didn't make me feel great so not taking), etc..

My medication should show up tomorrow, signed for by the apartment complex.  Then likely I start taking it next week to line up with cycle day 3-7.

Had some ups and downs already, but I still feel like I should keep proceeding, so I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment