About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Excitement

I'm going to say it.  I really am......I am getting........excited!  I think for a variety of reasons, my fear and anxiety about this pregnancy has started to quiet down.  That doesn't mean I've conquered my worry about actually bringing home a baby and we will both be healthy, but I try to tuck that into my "anxiety" bucket and not let it sneak up on me as often.

I went to the one-day, fast-track childbirth class w/ my friend who is going to be my coach last Saturday.  She drove in from out of town, and it was at the hospital I am going to give birth at.  It was a fantastic class.  The instructor was very knowledgeable, funny, and is a lactation consultant at the hospital too. We really did learn the process from A-Z about pre-birth, birthing, and bringing baby home.  There were 15 couples in the class--all of them were there w/ men except one lady was there by herself, and us. Didn't really matter...actually some of the husbands brought up some ridiculous questions and my coach leaned to me and said "See, aren't you glad you are doing this by yourself?!".  During several times throughout that class I really was.  The neatest thing was going to see the nursuries.  They had several babies in them and this one....all wrapped up tight, little burrito,...but his eyes here WIDE open. Looking around as if to say, where the heck am I....this isn't where I was....who are these people....it was so cute.
Really comfortable w/ the hospital and going to deliver there.

She is continuing to get stronger and grow. Her punches, jabs, etc. have gotten stronger and she is moving a lot, especially at night. The class taught us that most newborns do have a reverse schedule and it isn't best to fight it the first few weeks....just focus on your healing and getting to know your newborn. 

I now have a noticeable bump.  I am carrying really high, so perhaps that's why it hasn't stuck out much all this time.  Also, she is breech, so her head has been up near my chest the whole time. And squishing my guts thank you very much.  Still not enormous for almost 7 1/2 months, and I am happy about that! (Please excuse the loungewear).
Bump 29 wks 3 days
I've gotten some amazing gifts that now occupy my living room.  As I've mentioned, I had the baby shower at work....and since then some of my faraway friends have gotten me some more gifts, including the car seat I picked out. Really excited to get this because clearly it is most necessary in bringing baby home.  I ended up choosing the snugride 30....for use up to 30 lbs and plan to get a Snap N Go stroller. So, base stays in the car, and carrier is moveable.  I'm happy w/ decision and think it should work just fine.

Hmmm...someone has made themselves at home.
I think I am going to buy my new vehicle this weekend. I've looked at, and test driven this SUV for several years. It is 4 door, one of the mid-size (not super-big), lots of cargo room, and very high safety rating. Gas mileage a bummer, but for all of the other conveniences, I think it will work for me. I have been waiting on it because it is quite expensive.  I am frugal. Those dont go together. But, the idea of shopping for a vehicle w/ a brand new baby isn't appealing.....nor is it appealing to consider putting her in the back of my two door car--yikes for my back and getting in and out.

My house is coming along.  Closing July 10th. I am working on getting insurance before closing, getting contractors lined up for bids....lots to do. Still need to pick out paint colors, and get even more contractors lined up. It just has so much space I am looking forward to getting in there.  I finally went to the apartment leasing office and put in my notice on this apartment. They were able to give me a few extra days pro-rated since July 31 ends on a Tuesday. I'll need a few extra days to make sure house ready to move in, AND to get my other stuff in storage scheduled.

Clearly, w/ all that I would like to do before she gets here.....(I haven't mentioned getting the nursury together yet have I), she needs to stay put and keep on cookin.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting times! With the upcoming move the next little bit of time is going to FLY by!

    ReplyDelete