About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Better!

I am glad that I can report improvements....! 

In my overall well being--since going on modified bedrest I have slowly felt a bit better w/ the shortness of breath, fast pulse, headaches, etc.. And I know when I do too much/stay too long at work because the symptoms start coming back.  I know that my muscle mass is dwindling away, but that's what after baby is about...building my strength back up. If I can just maintain and keep her where she belongs, that'd be just great w/ me.  Since that really big dip after my hospital stay in physical/mental health....my emotions/mind has seen improvement. I feel much more "normal" than the wreck I was.

Baby--I have just crossed 27 weeks and am looking towards 28 weeks next Tuesday! 7 months, 3rd trimester, close to the finish line (but not too close that she doesn't need to stay put!).  She weighs 2lbs 4 oz and is still growing right on track.  While I was at last ultrasound I got to see her move her hand in front of her face. So cute.  She is moving moving moving.  Mostly after dinner, and then when I lie down to go to sleep. It's almost like she's trying to get comfortable too.

Place to live: Believe it or not, I put in an offer on a house.  We are still in inspection period and have uncovered several things. It is going to depend on how much the seller willing to negotiate when we bring the $$$ amount to them.  We have to finalize a deal by Friday--two days--or contract will not go.  It has been a bit overwhelming over last few days, but what tipped me over the edge on buying was: house came up on great street, my old neighborhood, 1 block from park, 4 blocks from school, and sort of okay price/shape. The other thing was about money.....no surprise.  I was realizing I kept needing to bump my rental budget up because a lot of what I was seeing wasn't big enough, not in really good shape, etc.. It got bumped up so much that it just rivaled going ahead and buying a house for equal payments.  Really a no brainer when you consider interest rates so low, etc..  So, why not. Will see.

My sister came for a visit this past weekend and it really was nice.  She helped out so much w/ the 'physical' stuff like helping to recycle, do my 3 loads of dishes, clean bathroom, laundry, grocery shop, etc.. We've both come to terms w/ the fact that her strong suit is not the emotional, but the physical. So, that's what she came to do.  I also had my last OB appointment w/ her and she got to see the ultrasound for the first time, meet my Dr., etc..  She was amazed--and I never get tired of seeing my baby move around..showing signs of good health.  It was really nice having someone here, to go places w/, to talk to...etc..  Really a good visit.  She may even come back down if the house goes through to help me move in.

I have not had pressure at work to be there or be at home. They kind of take it as I can do it. It's been great. Not to say I still have guilt because of what I know I could do if I was 100%. But, I am not. I've gotta just deal.

I'm slow to update in my blog these days....no real reason.  I've been reading others and really continue to learn/appreciate what others going through too. This is a non-conventional, often tough road.  I know for me it's just begun since baby not here yet.  But, I heard a quote on TV the other day that is sticking w/ me....

"Life begins when you step outside your comfort zone"  unknown author

And boy has it for me!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better! And I've got my fingers crossed for the house - I hope it goes through.

    ReplyDelete