| So sweet. |
I also had my work baby shower today. A lot of the people I work with were in town for a meeting, so they had scheduled when the most could be here. It was short, sweet, and no games!! We ate lunch, then I opened gifts, then one thing I did do was ask everyone to go around the table and give some advice that stuck w/ them. The other thing I did was ask the 3 dads in the room what advice they would have, or want to be sure some male role model plays for her. The biggest thing was building male relationships to help build a sense of confidence. Can't agree more.
They were generous...overly so. They got me some big things like the pack and play and a video monitor for the baby. Also, some clothes/items that couldn't have been cuter....and some breast feeding supplies--I'm changing back to this boss and we've talked about importance of breastfeeding....so she got nursing pads, cover-up, etc..
My message to all of them was how lucky I felt to be in a team that has embraced my path and decision to be SMC (at least outwardly no one has said anything at all negative)....and that I appreciate their support in many ways. Since my mom has passed and my extended family is several states away, I rely on this community as extended family. I actually have been totally open about how I'm building my family. I am not embarrassed by it at all and don't see the need. I usually just sense how the other person is, and if they ask questions...I answer. Someone outside my group asked me when I told her about the IVF "did you get to use your own eggs"....I said yes. Initially I thought is was a strange question, but when she revealed that she had struggled w/ fertility, totally got it.
Oh and I almost totally forgot to mention.....I got the house!!!!!!!! The sticking points were 1) could we get A/C fixed up to be better in master bedroom (yes) and 2) would they agree to money off price of home for repairs needed. We submitted 13k, they came back w/ 6,500....and we went back w/ 8,500 and they agreed. This just got finalized last night.
SO----it means baby and I will have a home to go to. I didn't realize how heavy this was weighing on me until it all came through and I feel much lighter.
I am physically exhausted w/ all that's happened in last few days...lots of deep breaths today to keep it in check.....but a good one.
Beautiful ultrasound! I'm happy you had such a great shower & many, many congratulations on your new house!
ReplyDelete