About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cars, Houses, and Babies...oh my!

Later update than I wanted....I actually did buy my SUV. And. I. Love. It.  It is so nice to be higher off the road, it smells brandy new w/ the leather....I can sit and just smell it all day.  My obsessiveness is coming over me, though, because I am sooo careful where I park. I don't want anyone to door ding me....and trust me that happens everywhere here. I know in time I'll get over it, but for now, I want to keep it as new as possible.

I close on the house on Tuesday. I have been very busy w/ calling/meeting contractors, window guy, painter, others to get ready. I've decided that the biggest thing I do need to do before remodel/paint is to get the foundation fixed--this is very common to have this problem in older homes in the south if they were built on slab.  I wasn't going to do it, but my realtor was right, yet again, that I don't want to spend money to remodel, and have it ruined when foundation may move. She is so right.  So, before I can get any work done, this is the first thing.  I left foundation people a message on Friday and hope to get a call back, or will call them tomorrow.  This may put my timeline back a little because I'm not sure how quickly I can get them scheduled. I know that the work only takes one day to complete.  If I had planned better, I could have had them lined up already. Ah well.

I do only have a few weeks to get whatever I can get done...done...because my stuff will be moved to the house August 1 that's in storage.  Then Aug 2nd I'll have my apartment stuff delivered (still have to line someone up for that, but that's no biggie).  My sister is going to come down that week to help move in, and hopefully buy a new car for herself. We looked when she was down here before and the deals are much better here (way bigger city) than where she lives. I already warned her I have no idea what shape my new house will be in.....but we'll have to make it work, whatever it looks like.

On tuesday I am 31 weeks.  W-O-W.  I am really happy about this. For some reason I had this huge fear of pre-term delivery all the way along. I realize that even now would not be the best and she still needs to cook, but the passing of that 30 week mark just makes me feel sooo much better for her.  AND, I also realized that if I deliver at 37 weeks that is only 6 weeks from now.  Ummmm....what?! I am nowhere near ready.  All of her stuff is still in boxes and a tub in my living room.  Don't even have diapers yet.

I have my friend baby shower in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to it, because this is w/ a lot of friends I used to work w/. A lot of them have been very supportive and clearly I need it.

Lots going on....it is going to fly by the next several weeks I think.  Good news is I don't have much time to worry---but believe me I still have time to stress some.  But, I have to focus and just do. I have to say I feel physically and emotionally better now than I have in awhile.  My Dr. told me my body has topped out in the amount of extra fluid, etc. and I should be able to maintain.  The key has been just letting my body rest by staying at home, and going in to the office occasionally.....and just parking it on the sofa after I go out for a few hours on the weekend.  Yes, I don't feel very strong or physically fit....but I can breathe better and feel like I can cope. 
That is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment