About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Whew!

Boy these last few weeks have been extremely busy!  Once my house closed I have been furiously moving the contractors through different work items in the house, then my friends came in town, shower this weekend, moving next week.  A lot going on in a short amount of time.

The shower....just wonderful. I had a great group of folks together, the decorations were just so sweet, and the gifts were very generous. It really made me feel a bit better about baby coming because a lot of things I needed, people brought as gifts.  Everyone there was so supportive, and it was also just relaxed and casual. I don't really play games, so we didn't have any. And it was great.  On the physical front, I was up and around a lot, so my stomach spent a lot of time really hard, and I got cankles. I've not had my feet swell up so bad before....and even w/ laying down over last few days somewhat, they still haven't gone all the way back down.
I am now just about 33 weeks and there is no mistaking there is a baby in there. My upper stomach has really expanded, especially by the end of the day. Around my belly button it had itched a few weeks ago and now I have some small stretch marks there. And along the sides of my lower stomach. Ah well.

My two friends from out of town were able to go to the Dr. w/ me today before their flight and saw the ultrasound for the first time.  They were in awe. AND, we got some good views of her heart, spine/ribs, feet, but just not her full face. We did see a chubby cheek, though!  She weighs 4lbs 13 oz and is basically standing in my uterus. Head up, as she always has been, and feet down, kicking around my lower uterus/bladder. I can certainly feel it, and it often hurts a bit. When I sit for long period and stand up, it really is hard to walk.
This weekend took it out of me for sure. I've been exhausted....but feel good I was able to keep up as much as I have.  Because remember, I am still supposed to be on modified bedrest.

I haven't really focused on the fact that I have about 5-7 weeks left. I have sort of focused on car, house, get house ready, move in house, get baby room ready, then have baby (in that order).  Well, when all is said and done that is coming quite soon.  I am not nervous right now, though, or anxious...which is good.

Lots of other thoughts rolling around, but I haven't written in awhile, so I wanted to at least update that things are moving along as expected and I am hanging in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment