I've had it folks. I am so sick of being sick. This is the 7th week of having afternoon to evening baby sickness. Then, on top of that last night I had a bit of a headache...and tossed and turned all night long. This morning I woke up and it was 10 times worse...w/ a pounding in my head. I rarely have headaches so this took me by surprise. I was going to force myself to go to work but I just couldn't. I laid on my bed and just felt terrible.
So, I've spent the day at home. Went back to sleep until 11:30 and made my way to the couch. I am still plugged into work w/ my work I-phone and did a few emails, but concentrating is tough.
I made it to my 12 week yesterday and am soooo hopeful that I start to feel better soon. I haven't worked out in two months. My uterus must also be growing because I am having a lot of cramping type feelings over last few days.
What made me feel a little better was internet searching for sickness/12 weeks. There are many many women out there during this time in pregnancy at the end of their rope....some w/ desperation...for this baby sickness to ease up. It made me feel a bit more normal that it's okay to be tired of being sick. It's okay that I'm so irritated that I feel like crap! It's okay that I'm SICK OF IT! Other people do too.....ahhhh, that's good to read.
My sister called me to check in. She's going through some stuff w/ changing her medication and it's going to be tough on her. But, she called to say that she knows she hasn't really been there for me and she feels bad about it. I have mixed emotions about this. On one hand I appreciate she acknowledges and gets the fact that she hasn't...but on the other hand I feel irritation and disappointment because this is no different than any other time....and frankly just what I expected. She's never really been there for me in times of trouble or crisis...I lean on my friends. My question would be, if she feels that way, then just change it. Be there for me then.
Overall this has been a tough time. And I have a friend who says I need to focus on the positive. I don't disagree.
I will say that this blog is meant to share where I am struggling, so that's what I'm doing. You'll notice my blogs have been less frequent. I think it's because I would keep saying the same thing.
I can only just hope it gets better. Soon.
I hear ya - the first trimester nausea was totally debilitating for me, and around twelve weeks I was about ready to drive off a cliff I was so fed up. It really does wear you down, and can rob you of all joy about the pregnancy, too, which sucks. It's the number one reason I worry about tryIng to have baby #2, also. I hope like me it starts to abate at this point - it got a little better at 12 weeks and was totally gone by about 15; after that the pregnancy was a breeze.
ReplyDelete