About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Nothing Better

We had a productive day.....after trying to get babygirl to nap for a loooong time this morning, she finally fell asleep.  However, she woke up pretty fussy fussy.  Finally I said to heck w/ it let's get outta the house.

So, we headed back to the store where I ended up taking back the first jogger I was in love with.  You might notice that it takes me a long time to make decisions--and sometimes I change those decisions.  Uhhh, didn't I say I was in love w/ it?  My friends give me grief all of the time. I've taken back some large items before like tv's, etc. I still don't think there's anyting wrong w/ wanting things to work the way you expect them to!

After I got it home last weekend and took it out, there were a few things I noticed that were somewhat bothersome--the seat doesn't recline, the baby support did not really work and her head was flopping around.  The side windows didn't open.  You couldn't see the baby from the top if the sun shade was down.  The jogger veered to the right (which I think could be fixed).  It wasn't very comfortable to jog behind.

After that experience I ended up just looking at the website again and just happened to see that they were unveiling a brand new urban jogger/stroller/trailer for 2013.  It is a cross between the model I bought and the front wheel like a b...o...b.  With all the coolest features.  I learned that this one you didn't have to take off a tire to switch between jogging and strolling--you just turn the dial and lock the wheel. The seats recline. It has side zippers to open window....the seats looked uber-comfortable, the head supporters were more versatile, the parking break was easier to get to, the handle has 3 positions.

The verdict??  I am in love again!!!!  For real.  This stroller is absolutely freakin amazing.  And it still can be converted to go behind a bike too!  It is so comfortable in recline that babygirl fell asleep the first trip. That makes me less anxious when out exercising.  Here's the coolest thing ever.....I have to say my hours of internet surfing paid off. I found out which website was carrying them and believe it or not they had a 20% off coupon!!  I couldn't believe it. So all in all I got an awesome jogger/stroller/bike trailer for LESS THAN the other model that I had a few hangups about.

We've been out a few times and so far it has been performing really well.  I will certainly update if things change, but I haven't been this excited about a 'thing' in a long time.

Left-Returned.  Right=Love.

So after returning the one, we also went to the grocery store. Much needed.  I tried out a new cart cover I got at a store and really like that too. It had a harness belt on it so she couldn't face plant onto the front of the cart bar. It worked and it was her first 'big girl' trip to the store sitting in the cart instead of her infant seat.  She loved it.

And finally......after a busy day (and lots of fussing), as I was leaving baby girl in her cradle next to my bed for the night I looked back and saw this.

There is nothing better........

 

1 comment:

  1. Aw she's so sweet! Love the new stroller - glad you finally found exactly what you were looking for.

    ReplyDelete