I just put baby girl to 'bed', at least until she wakes up around 2am for a bottle. We are still trying to work on cutting that one out. I can handle the 9-10pm, even the 6-7am, but the middle one is tough. Sometimes I am in the middle of the only deep sleep I get when I come out hearing a crying baby.
For now, she still sleeps in her rocky play cradle. She has really gotten used to sleeping at a 45 degree angle (think recliner), versus flat. She also still spits up, so I am just hesitating to change it now. I know we will need to change to her crib soon, though, because she has learned to 'flop' around in her cradle....arch her back and grab on to the sides.....she is going to flop right out soon enough. It is just so much easier, though, w/ her in it because I can simply have her fall asleep and carry her into my bedroom, where she still sleeps. I like being close to her, and she still wakes up at night. I'd much rather roll over and give her the bottle than haul my sleepy butt up into her room where the crib is.
She is almost 7 months old. She still isn't sitting by herself (although she sits w/ assistance), and is just now putting weight on her legs to 'stand'. I was wondering about this because the books say she should most likely be doing this at around 6 months....Dr. said no worries since she was early...give her time.
Okay.
And still no sign of teeth.
Most of my focus these days has been on how to leave my current company and start somewhere else. It has really gotten more and more unpleasant...and it is unstable there. I've been scouring company sites I'm interested in and reaching out to my network.
The other thing I'm dealing w/ right now is one of my cats is not taking well to the baby. And yes it has taken this long for the bad behavior to come up. It started right after Christmas where I found her bouncy seat had been used as a litter box for the week I was gone--destroyed. Then, I noticed bottle nipples being chewed up. Then the cat peed on the baby's carseat (twice), then I found poop in the corner of my living room (twice) and this is something neither of them have ever done before, THEN just the other day the baby's head pillow thing was on the floor I went to pick it up and it was wet. Yes, peed on. I had him to the vet about 3 weeks ago and he does not have a bladder infection, which I thought he did. 250 bucks later he's basically fine and his kidney disease is stable. In addition, I've cleaned up about 8 piles of vomit over the last few days. I think this is because I tried to change the dry food, but it still upsets me. Not only that, he has to be fed wet food daily (which isn't cheap) to keep his vomiting at bay and so I can put his kidney medicine (potassium gel) in to keep his kidneys working well.
He is turning into an extremely high maintenance cat and one that has bad behavior. So.......I'm going to call the vet. I know there are two options 1) put down or 2) give to shelter. I just can't keep him anymore because he will continue to destroy her things....and mine. When I had friends over he got a pair of my work pants--and they were not cheap. I don't even want to put a price on how much he's destroyed over the years.
And yes, I have asked a friend of mine if she wanted to take him and they can't. I just worry if I took him to the shelter I don't think he's adoptable because A) he's not good w/ kids b) he's inside only/declawed and c) behavior problems. I also just can't imagine him at a shelter he would just freak out--he's that kind of cat.
Not really happy about any of the options I can think of right now. I know others have dealt w/ this too...read recently on another blog someone had to take their dog to the shelter. I just am not sure what to do.........maybe vet can help me.
I am on the verge of putting my elderly cranky dog down for all the same reasons - ugh, it's heartbreaking!
ReplyDelete