Even before baby girl was born I've been thinking about baby number 2. In my mind, when I was in a place to have children, I didn't picture myself with only one child. I grew up with 3 other siblings and even though I'm not that close w/ 2 out of 3 of them, we had a lot of fun growing up. A lot of that had to do w/ my mom and her fun-loving spirit, but having 3 others to play string, boardgames, and chase around the house circle (from living room to kitchen to dining room) was a great way to grow up.
My baby is not even three months old and already I'm like when can I start? A bit jokingly of course, because I do have some goals in mind before I try....one is that I give me and baby girl at least a year to be a family....two is that I've given my body enough time to heal....three is that I'd like to lose about 40-50 lbs in the next 9 months....and four is that I experience what it's like to work full time w/ a baby.
Trying for a second baby hangs in the back of my mind, along w the usual nagging thoughts about moving back to the midwest to be around extended family. I got a big pang of wanting to move just about 10 minutes ago--my cousin's wife sent a picture of the whole brood going trick or treating. Her baby is only 4 months older than mine. They had a whole wagon full of adults and kids out on the trick or treatin path.....I got a big tug inside about wanting my daughter to experience that too. And yes, I've had plenty of people tell me that I will build my network here. Yes, I will. But, that doesn't replace having these experiences w/ your cousins (albeit second cousins)/family.
To close out this post.....I'd like to say that I am starting to enjoy putting my baby in new outfits.
Clearly someone disgrees......
No comments:
Post a Comment