About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Updates and Cuteness

So, after my rant about my family in the last post three things have happened:
1) My brother finally did contact me and he IS going to meet us for Thanksgiving. He told me he'd think about coming if he could scrape up the money.  I just told him I would send him a check for gas money.  If that's what it takes that's fine....because I know he has absolutely no money. In fact, I sent him double what I told him just because I know he needs it.  I have not sent him money before....maybe I am getting soft.  I honestly don't mind because whenever my one sister flies down here I pay for half her ticket.  She doesn't make much, and it is much easier for her to come here instead of me flying there.
2) My sister w/the kids let me know just today what holiday they want to meet up at....will be Christmas. Would have been nice to know sooner, but fine. Now I'll try and see what flight I can find under 600 bucks.  Refuse to not fly direct, so will see how it goes.....
3) I talked to my Dad for the first time since April of this year.  He called me because he got my letter and baby picture. He told me since he now had 'official' notification from me he thought he would call.  Whatever...couldn't call for last 10 weeks of her life, but that's to be expected from him.....

These things elicit some feelings in me about 'same ole crap'....but I'll just say that it's the family I am dealt with and that's it.  Gotta deal/work w/ it.

As for baby....oh boy.  She has started to have a 'witching hour' as I call it--starting around 6pm until around 10pm or midnight.  She cries on and off the whole time.  Soothing her is not easy.....I still try because I don't like to hear her crying. Tonight I kept trying to settle her down so I could get my new tv set brought in and set up.....but after several hours of her crying on and off it was really irritating me for the first time.  And I could really tell because my tone was getting testy w/ her i.e. 'baby girl....why are you crying? you don't know? please stop...mama is tired of hearing you cry'.  For real...what a mean mama!!
I think it just has gotten to me because this is about the 3rd day in a row this has happened.  In the past, it was one day.....then the next she slept like normal.....but for some reason no relief.
Perhaps this is what colic is....?  Although she doesn't scream....and it is not constant crying....just episodes where she seems tired and seems to fight it. She will start crying, settle down....look like she is maybe going to sleep.....ahhhhh....nope! It starts all over again w/ her crying---this happens for hours regardless of rocking, cradle, couch, pacifier, bottle, patting, floor time, etc.. etc....

It is not super terrible because eventually she calms down and does fall asleep. It would just be nice not to go through it every night. I am really really hopeful it gets better. I have some visitors coming to town and staying w/ me this weekend/next week.  Crossing my fingers this is a fluke.

Then mixed in w/ all of that is her looking so super cute I could just eat her up!!  A friend's mom sent me the outfit below....who can resist a strawberry hat on a sleeping baby.  Scrumptious.

No comments:

Post a Comment