And, I think it's time to share her. I really enjoy pictures of other moms and babies, so here she is....Baby Girl....this is one of the pics that was taken from the gift my friends gave me. The package I got allowed me to have the digital original image for 5 of the photos...this is one that I chose...
![]() |
| 12 Days old |
She has changed a lot as well (just turned 8 weeks old)....so here is a picture of her that I took yesterday snapped from Iphone.
| 8 weeks 1 day old |
I really love this little baby so much. The longer we are together the more my heart grows for her. Just the other day she smiled a REAL smile. She's had those half smiles, etc.. but one of the books I am reading says a real smile is when they smile w/ their whole face, not just their mouth. And she DID! It was soooo cute. She doesn't do it very often, and frankly I was starting to wonder about when she would start interacting more. She still isn't overly interactive, but I think that's to be expected considering her adjusted age is still just 3 weeks old. I have to keep that in mind.
We had a marathon evening tonight where she had major tummy issues. She just couldn't settle down and fall asleep. Alternate periods of crying, sleeping, eating, pacifier, burping, rocking, soothing, etc and not sleeping soundly....for last 5 hours. This happens once in a while and then I know she is really uncomfortable. Sure enough at about 10pm I changed her diaper (again) and she had some poops. It was very formed (again) which means she is still constipated. This started about a week ago when I changed her to soy formula. Once she had the second diaper of formed poops to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I quickly took her off soy and have changed again....long story but we have tried 5 formulas for spit up, gas issues..and none seem to resolve them all. So, we are back to square one and are on the spitup formula. The Dr. recommends the orange for gas and fussiness so when we go to store will pick that up. We tried that too, but not long enough to know if it would help. I do hope taking her off soy will help her have better poops!
By the way I took her to the Dr. for her 2 month check up and she is at 8lbs 14oz. She also grew to 21.5 inches...from 17 inches, that's pretty good! She got her shots and took them like a champ. She cried at first, but quickly calmed down. I told her how proud I was of her....and explained mama was making sure she stayed healthy.
Ahhh the things we talk about now, huh? bodily functions, sleeping, crying. And since I am not back to work yet, that is what I am consumed with. But I do enjoy it.
I am soooooo glad I have the nanny and decided to have her work part time for the 4 hours during the week. In fact, I just asked her to work tuesdays too....so she now works M, T, W, and Th from 10-2pm. It give me enough of a break where I can collect myself by resting, running errands, etc. and be ready to handle the other 20 hours of the day. And honestly, after Fri-Sun I am really ready for her to come again Monday. It's not that I don't enjoy taking care of baby...I do. It's just any normal person needs a break.
Physically, I have regained my energy level and feel pretty much healed. I still have some soreness at the incision site, but expect that to remain for awhile. The one thing that hasn't healed is my bladder. For some reason I am still having issues, so my Dr. told me I needed to go see a urologist. As for my OB, I have been officially released. It was kind of sad, really....since I have spent so much time there and have gotten to know them.
I go back to work full time November 1 and not sure how I feel about it. My mental mind is excited to get back in the problem solving, but being away from her that long every day is what I don't know how that will go. I did ask my boss if he is okay having me work from home 1 day a week to start with. He agreed and we'll decide whether it is two 4 hour blocks on 2 days, or 1 day. either would be fine w/ me.
Lots of other projects I have been thinking about and working on....still have some things to remodel in my house and have been talking to contractors. It's amazing how many things I can find to do to occupy myself. One thing I need to do is start working out again...I was thinking back several years ago how active I was...playing sports 2 days a week and working out the other several days. Right now I don't work out at all. All in due time....sheesh.
Hope those of you who read this blog enjoy the pics of my little baby cookie.
.jpg)
Aw, she's beautiful! Thanks for posting these.
ReplyDeleteVery cute pictures!! Sorry about the formula problems, I hope you can find one that will work.
ReplyDelete