G-I-R-L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally surprised as I fully expected a boy. Don't know why, but that's what I kept thinking. What ended up happening was on Monday at the Dr. appointment, since they didn't have the CVS test to confirm--Dr. said she thought she knew based on the ultrasound. I asked her to go ahead and tell me and she said it looks girl-ish. So, I wanted to wait until the call on Tuesday w/ CVS test results to confirm it was a GIRL. And yes, it was!! It was so sweet the nurse said I can go ahead and buy pink :)
Also, the CVS test for chromosomal abnormalities is completely normal. Such a sigh of relief. Now, the only other screen they will do is a blood screen in about 3 weeks to check for neural tube. The Dr. didn't seem to be concerned about that at all.
A girl........not going to lie, it made me a bit anxious. I had gotten my mind around boy. Then I started thinking about girl issues like self-esteem, body image, boys, etc. and I got nervous. I realize all of this is years away, but it's important to me to try and raise a confident girl. Also, thinking about how the absence of a father might impact her. I'll have to really work on exposure to positive male role models. I thought there may be books on the subject I can research.
Next check-up after Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment