About Me

I am 36 years old (37 now)(38 now)(49 now!), single, and want to become a mother. I had my ideal of marriage, house, baby, happiness. Well, life teaches you that nothing is certain and we all need to forge our own path. This is mine. UPDATE: and baby girl makes family :) And now baby boy makes bigger family!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Why this Blog is called the Real Deal?

Okay folks....I actually started a new blog (not this one) when I was all excited about my path to motherhood about a month ago----and assumed everyone would be on the same page as I was. I was so excited that I extended the link to all of my family and friends thinking what a great way for all of them to stay posted on my journey. 

I had really not thought about the fact that not everyone would be in the same place I was i.e. had been researching seriously for a year (hence the wallpaper as books) before making this decision.  I know some of my family were well-meaning, but their comments struck a nerve with me.  After they had read my other blog they asked if I considered adoption.....asked if maybe I should look at big brothers big sisters to see how it really would be to have a child. Deep down I know they were well-meaning, but it made me realize that they don't know me like my friends do.  They don't know me enough to realize that my questions out loud were to help me work through this path, not to get off of it.

So, I decided to start this one new.  I am not planning to censor anything in it because no one in my family will be reading it. I'll still keep them updated in the other one, but my fears, thoughts, etc. will come out here.

That's why this blog is called The Real Deal. Please come along and support me.

No comments:

Post a Comment